Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SCT vs FTN vs TBits vs ET

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Yep, I heard rumors of spies. ScT insists it wasn't hacked, so that's really the only remaining possibility. Also Sithlord/maven had spread a lot of ill will among a large portion of the membership, someone may have hated him enough to rat him out. He was even forced to step down from staff for a while. Shortly after the scenebans were handed down, a large group of sct staff, including several high ranking members, and uploaders left. A few them started ftn together, and several more uploaders followed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    << ahhh, those were the days....both ET and TiT a great nostalgic feeling for me....both GREAT places. ET was one of my first trackers....and it was nice...back then you only had to go to ET to get what you needed.....

-TiT was my first community tracker, they had great staff and active forums....great design, great speed, great pretimes, lots of seeders/leechers....

>> since then there seems to be a shift toward smaller more specialized sites, like ScT & FtN. Which are great in there own respect....
    Proud Member of:

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    Yep, I heard rumors of spies. ScT insists it wasn't hacked, so that's really the only remaining possibility. Also Sithlord/maven had spread a lot of ill will among a large portion of the membership, someone may have hated him enough to rat him out. He was even forced to step down from staff for a while. Shortly after the scenebans were handed down, a large group of sct staff, including several high ranking members, and uploaders left. A few them started ftn together, and several more uploaders followed.
    Oh so that's why ftn seems to hate on sct all the time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    << ahhh, those were the days....both ET and TiT a great nostalgic feeling for me....both GREAT places. ET was one of my first trackers....and it was nice...back then you only had to go to ET to get what you needed.....

-TiT was my first community tracker, they had great staff and active forums....great design, great speed, great pretimes, lots of seeders/leechers....

>> since then there seems to be a shift toward smaller more specialized sites, like ScT & FtN. Which are great in there own respect....
    ET sounds like it was great. Of course I was living on campus enjoying i2hub at the time, so I'm not that jealous

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    DISABLED PRIVS
    do u know, that there was a secret forum at ET, where aproved members were free talking about scene ftps and similar subjects.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    ET was my first torrent tracker and it was really very gr8.. I would rate it above all of today's trackers.
    But then it is gone forever and so we must be happy with whatever that remains as of now...
    Thanks to aburyach,berserk1980,colterwood,Detale,Evandro,gamer4eva,RealitY,shamong,titana & Xsensei for their help.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    How hard was ET/TiT to get into? How could it have been ranked on the current tracker rarity scale?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7
    He was even forced to step down from staff for a while. Shortly after the scenebans were handed down, a large group of sct staff, including several high ranking members, and uploaders left. A few them started ftn together, and several more uploaders followed.
    That, I remember.

Some of the older uploaders are still on ScT, it's just that their profiles are hidden (like Chriz's). A lot of the ex-ScT uploaders (young and old) started their own, really underground tracker, called MyBytes. MyBytes is dead now, but you could find almost any ScT uploader in their history on that tracker.
    Last edited by r4cc00n; 02-20-2007 at 04:15 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    DISABLED PRIVS
    indeed, mybytes got great logo.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Yea, at the end of the day, I think a lot of the drama is manufactured. It was hilarious in the ftn channel the other day, some people were asking a longtime sct upper why he left sct. Meanwhile, he was talking under his sct name in the sct channel at that very moment.

If you're on ScT and like these soap operas, find the the thread titled "Please read if you care about ScT"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast