Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shooters

tomc4t's Avatar Member
    If you want to play with yourself any of the above will do the job. If you want to show off some skill get yourself Quake III - the pace is MUCH faster, the online opponents deadly. Just don't expect to win your first multiplayer game!

2. Games   -   #22
    Counter-strike, Half-Life and MOH and Spearhead!

3. Games   -   #23
    Kevhead you make a good point. A very good point. I liked Max Payne a lot for your reasons. At first when I read your statement I was ready to say "well hey no that's wrong!! first person shooters mean full vision of what the person is seeing!" But that's really not true, in real life (like you said about the box on head during paintball) you have full peripheral vision, perhaps up to 140 degree angle vision. I've been killed many a time in Counter-Strike by walking RIGHT past a terrorist pointing his shotgun at my cranium. The only reason I prefer first-person shooters (since it's a game, not a movie) is because if it's the right game you can be totally immersed, and personally I have better aim.

4. Games   -   #24
    Poster
    Where's the Duke Nukem' lovers? Before everything was a polygon count, Duke was almost pixilated run n' gun perfection. What other game gives you the ability to kill strippers(or throw dollars at 'em) AND such classic lines such as, "that's one 'doomed' space marine"? Not to mention all the inside jokes and various references to '80's and '90's culture, so many, people still have a hard time listing them all. I Still play it, and it's still one of my favorites. "Duke Nukem' Forever" has some big shoes to fill IF it is ever released.

5. Games   -   #25
    UT2003 Its the best... great graphics ... fast online play .... better have a good machine and a good graphics card..

6. Games   -   #26
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by streesk8inflynn@30 May 2003 - 22:20
    The only reason I prefer first-person shooters (since it's a game, not a movie) is because if it's the right game you can be totally immersed, and personally I have better aim.
    You hit the nail on the head with your last statement - it's easier to aim in first person view because, while you may have slightly more peripheral vision in a third person shooter, sometimes you can't see what's right in front of you because your character is in the way.

And as for DOOM and Duke Nukem, I loved those games too but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who has played any modern 3D shooters. It would be like trying to convince a 14 year old that Citizen Kane was The Matrix of it's time.

7. Games   -   #27
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    America's Army
    Deus Ex
    Hitman 2

8. Games   -   #28
    It make no difference...even in first person shooters you never aim like you do with a real gun unless your sniping.... you have cross hairs that you place over the enemy's head or body....name me one FPS that does not use the red or white cross hairs to show you where your going to hit

Third person works the same way, you just place the cross hairs over your target and shoot.

I like the way Rouge Spear was made, you could switch back and forth between first and third depending on your situation....and i would switch constantly through out the game

9. Games   -   #29
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@30 May 2003 - 10:07
    MOH is the best first person shooter i reckon.

third persons dont work as well i think
    you mean it's better than Return to Wolfy / Jedi Outcast / No one lives foerever?/

10. Games   -   #30
    what about Vice City. Now after all these explainations Vice City should be a third person shooter or is it a racing game. Well who cares i think it is one of the best games out there. I am d/ling Medal of Honor. I have heard alot about that game. Anybody know anything about Battlefield 1942????

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast