Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa - Farewell

geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    People complaining about something that is free ? Maybe it is time some of you grew up and moved away from your parents place ? Next time you find money on the ground, I want you to complain to your dad that it wasn't a larger amount of money ! It's pathetic. Wake up !

That said, my isp does not seem to mess with my 256 dsl usage. 90% of the songs and movies and files I look for are available within 2 days of my looking for them. I only search with Winmx and KL. I am sharing 9,545 files and there are now 3.2 million users online this system that works damn well for being free. 690 million files are out there. I've downloaded 12 files that had pops and buzzing in them. Everyone of them was easily deleted after I wrote down the size of it, so when I downloaded a different one, I made sure it was a different size. I got two viruses via KL or Winmx and AVG caught both of them. AVG is free also. Sometimes when I have difficulty playing a file, the TFM audio filter is able to clear it up. Most people here have gigs of songs and they are too damn busy searching for shit that they don't even listen to what free stuff they already got. So then they just keep sharing incomplete files and corrupt files ! I also got some files that played upside down. Wow, I used a different player and they played right side up. How hard was that ! I also got videos that had no sound. Wow, I used a different player and it sounds fine ! Also I got more ram last year and some other players started working a lot better and smoother !

The complaining is actually wasting energy that could be used elsewhere. Wise up !

ciao,

geothermal78

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Originally posted by scribblec@29 June 2003 - 19:01
    dont listen to this prick
    this is the guy who thinks es5 is good
    I think that ES5 is GARBAGE (edit), though the truth is that at the moment I use ES5 on rare occasions to watch its growth. I have stated that I use Shareaza, KaZaa, ES5 (not anymore), NG and others as well. I think ES5 is a SCAM (edit), and once again I still use KaZaa from time to time as stated...
    Just sick of KaZaa and where it is going. Maybe read through my original statement on this post. Although it has been my "babe" for some time, and now is just the "old lady" that I f**k from time to time.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    THE FILE SHARING MANIFESTO

So now the music industry greedheads want to play rough. What’s the matter, their coke dealer won’t front anymore? Those techno-ghouls have been living high on the hog for the past 100 years and now they’re upset because the river of gold is down 10%. If they want to play rough, so can we. The only reason they can afford to pay their lawyers is because we all still buy CDs.

There is only one proper response to the file sharing attack – a complete and total boycott of all new recorded music purchases. Imagine if you got a summons in the mail. We must support our file sharing brothers and sisters. I SAY NO PURCHASES OF ANY NEW CDS OR DOWNLOADS UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE LAW ON FILE SHARING!! If you want music go to a show, or buy or trade used CDs.

Copy this and spread the word!

To those who are concerned about artist's royalties, you've been brainwashed. Music is a performing art - the key word here is performing. If artists want to get paid, they need to perform. Not live like ghouls on the ghosts of old echos.

Consider the artists who have been most commercially successful on recordings. They have almost all been destroyed by that success. On the other hand an old dope fiend like Jerry Garcia survived for years despite his self destructive ways, largely, IMHO, because his recordings were not money makers and he had to tour.

Besides the whole industry is only the result of a technical glitch where it was easy to record, but difficult to copy. Those days are over. They all need to accept the new paradigm or fade away.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by randyleepublic@3 August 2003 - 21:52
    THE FILE SHARING MANIFESTO

So now the music industry greedheads want to play rough. What’s the matter, their coke dealer won’t front anymore? Those techno-ghouls have been living high on the hog for the past 100 years and now they’re upset because the river of gold is down 10%. If they want to play rough, so can we. The only reason they can afford to pay their lawyers is because we all still buy CDs.

There is only one proper response to the file sharing attack – a complete and total boycott of all new recorded music purchases. Imagine if you got a summons in the mail. We must support our file sharing brothers and sisters. I SAY NO PURCHASES OF ANY NEW CDS OR DOWNLOADS UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE LAW ON FILE SHARING!! If you want music go to a show, or buy or trade used CDs.

Copy this and spread the word!

To those who are concerned about artist's royalties, you've been brainwashed. Music is a performing art - the key word here is performing. If artists want to get paid, they need to perform. Not live like ghouls on the ghosts of old echos.

Consider the artists who have been most commercially successful on recordings. They have almost all been destroyed by that success. On the other hand an old dope fiend like Jerry Garcia survived for years despite his self destructive ways, largely, IMHO, because his recordings were not money makers and he had to tour.

Besides the whole industry is only the result of a technical glitch where it was easy to record, but difficult to copy. Those days are over. They all need to accept the new paradigm or fade away.
    Jesus Christ! :rtfm: You don't need to spam the forum to get a message across!

Argh! :pirate:

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Try Usenet out...you get up to date shit (downside = files get purged weekly). Also you download on an avg of 700 KBPS off of a decent DSL connection.

Oh yeah, btw... I thought the RIAA gets people's names from the ISP companies, not ips. Fill me in if im wrong.

-ATM

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    jetje's Avatar former star
    In one thing Reality is right, i think speeds on Kazaa aren't as good as they once were. You nowadays have to wait for week(s) before some are finished where you could do those in one day before. Btw can anyone tell me how in earth it is possible to give away ul speeds of 0,5k???? Even if i lower my ul the lowest i can give is 3k...??? I think it is because of many people get afraid of all the RIAA fuz. They go the easy way and start leeching... I agree on the more sources or remotely qued issue. What i can't stand is my ul slots are filled with three users giving away >50k while the 3 dl i have don't run at all (or the famous 0,5k)
    Checking users or pming them to share gives no result. This get's to a point where you say enough is enough. I can use my bandwith in a better way. So should i try keep my dl running, my upload set to 1 only and limit the ul speed...? Guess i'm not the 1st and not the last to do this..
    I'm not asking to get the great dl speeds back i'd had when i started with kazaa when i got a 1k ul gives 10k dl situation, i'm already glad when i get my ul/dl in a 1:1 situation..

So help me stay on Kazaa.. Just by sharing files and don't cap ul speeds!
    We'll be fine then...

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by downloader2008@30 May 2003 - 21:58
    1) i know what you mean! no one is sharing anymore! almost every verified download i wanna download "needs more sources"
    2) its too bad.... fasttrack network is the best..... the edonkey network makes you wait in queue for hours to get a 5kb/s d/l rate
    3) try using the gnutella network, use Bearshare its almost like Kazaa except for the Gnutella network....
    No Gnutela network sucks hard. It's even worse than Fast Track.

Fast Track was the best p2p network, but open your eyes: ed2k is the best. If you can't wait for your downloads - it's your problem.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by Tyke@30 May 2003 - 23:04
    this is by no means a personal attackx, but

So you gonna give in? You're gonna add to the holes where downloadable files used to be. Well done, way to go!

Sure, kazaa will not last forever. In the scheme of things, kazaa, this forum, whatever, will be obsolete. Hopefully iot will have been superceded by another thing to give the RIAA, MPAA etc etc headaches.

But while it's there, I'll cointinue to let others have anything I rip, any encode, or just offer another source for a popular file. If I ever get the letter from the legal folks (not the stoopid pop-up message from kazaa) then maybe I'll consider my stance, but until then, I do what I can to (1) stop myself from ever recieving such a letter and (2) share what I got from the POV of giving back to the network, seeing as I have taken so much.

Every sharer who leaves is sorely missed by all, but just another victory for the big industry associations.
    Yeah rock on dude! We are free!

US congress?? who are they, they've no juristiction over me!!

Over the years we have paid so much money to the media industries - its their fault for having such high prices.

p.s. Peer gurdian erm... why would I need it? (thats not a trick question).

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Its ok read up about Peer gurdian

Also all this stuff about the authorities tracking people down is complete b*llox.

They have not got a hope in stopping p2p.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Reality's point of view is exactly what the folks at RIAA would have predicted. When one engages in a behavior repeatedly and this behavior is not rewarded (i.e., others sharing), then sharing drops out. This is basic human behavior and of no surprise. What maintains sharing is sharing; nothing more and nothing less.

Reality has made some tremendous contributions to this board and anyone advising s(he) to not let the door hit s(he) in the ass on the way out is missing the boat. Reality leaving is a loss, even if not another file is shared. This board is a community. Members contribute in whatever way they can. Why tell someone to go? What benefit is that to the community?

The goal of the RIAA is to disrupt the community by causing individuals to slowly abandon the group. Look at the stats. Very few people have actually been sued. It's fear and all the other bs that ppl have gone through in order to protect themselves that has turned ppl off. But, it's the very nature of hanging in there that will keep fasttrack alive..........inspite of all the bs.

Encouraging ppl to leave is not the way to go.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast