View Poll Results: How much time do u think Torrent trackers will last?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 5 years

61 37.20%
  • 5-10 years

54 32.93%
  • 10-20 years

13 7.93%
  • more than 20 years

9 5.49%
  • it will last forever

27 16.46%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: How much time will torrent trackers last?

Pluto's Avatar Enforcer BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman_47 View Post
    Less then 5 Years
    Be realistic its really too much it lasted from 2001 til now
    I think more probably there'll be another invention
    But if this wasnt true then the goverment would do smthing to stop it

What could the government do to stop it ? The protocol is 100% legal. They could go after trackers, but most private trackers are located in countries where there 100% legal. They cant filter bittorrent because its already being used to sell content. Look at limewire it is still used alot. So the occasional person gets sued, but on average its safe (If you dont mind risking viruses).

Anyway I can see trackers possible removing ratios, and switching to seeding time as their way of enforcing sharing. The reason I say this is the USA is finally getting wired with fiber. One or 2 trackers already do this and it works well. I also see trackers in the future adding more security then they already have. I also believe we will see some trackers becoming shit. Torrentleech.

But I can also see some public trackers being sued and closing.
    But for the most part I believe that they will be around for a very long time.
    Looking for scene axxs pm me for details.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i don't think that the government will care about the private trackers because they are hard for the average user to get into and have user limits. Cuz of this I think that authorities will concentrate on the public trackers. (10,000,000 users vs. 10,000 users)

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    BT will always live on in some shape/form. There's really no way to stop it.

Music lover, baby.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoopDeDoo View Post
    BT will always live on in some shape/form. There's really no way to stop it.
    we never know what technology tomorrow will bring. I believe that the only way it will survive long term is if it evolves.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    i voted fore less than 5 years

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345