Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks SCT is over rated

LorD.MeXiCaN's Avatar ♀ ♂►FST.SolDieR◄♀ ♂ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yeah sct is cool

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    im a new member,but i think its a great site. has all the 0 day stuff and then it has exclusives.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    It seems he is desperately looking for his sympathizers. lol
    Last edited by leeter; 05-24-2007 at 02:56 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Any site can be overrated, it all depends on the perspective of the users. One person may have no decent access at all and would think, 'ScT FRIGGIN RULEZ0R!' While another person may have leech axx to some fxp board and would consider torrents slow and useless. That being said...

Quote Originally Posted by biggie944 View Post
    I will keep it short and simple. 99% of the members on ScT have come from here
    I had to register here to say that I didn't, and I can personally swear that a lot of the other users (at least the irc lurking ones) haven't stepped foot into FST.

well i can only think no one has an answer because they feel they have the best
    tracker they can get or they are scared if they do they may get busted by ScT.
    I love giving the mods grief, otherwise they'd have nothing to do but ban ratio hackers. FEELING SUCKS!
    Seriously though, I fear my government more than losing my ScT account.

dont think your fake stars mean shit
    Do you ignore valid points from people with low ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    I don't think ScT is more overrated in terms of content. I agree that it is just another tracker and FST has hyped it up a bit, but still ScT is worth the hype.
    Agree'd, its not the 'Fountain of New Releases' that some people seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by zalamo View Post
    TBH most 0day trackers has the same content only a few around thats offer some special packs or non scene rlz..
    Most of the packs I see on other sites have been rudely ripped from ScT and re tagged. For instance ScTFTW turns into TLSpecial. At least give credit for the people/sites who take the time to gather and release the packs. We see what your doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post
    TL content has older files with more seeds. Sometimes i find stuff several months old on TL with many seeders. Nothing stays seeded very long on ScT, at least not more than a few weeks.
    Oldest TL torrent: 2005-10-08
    Oldest SCT torrent:
    2005-09-15
    Amount of TL torrents: 4785
    Amount of SCT torrents: 9068

Please bother to check these things before typing.

I dont support pay2scum (Pay2Leech or Pay2G) sites like SCT even more TL thats gives you a warning if you dont seed for their VIP , idont give a shit abt Sct anymore .
    I dont recall having to pay at SCT, infact I only donated once, and that was to get the spiffy lil star icon and the +v in irc. I "almost" feel like donating again, this last free leech has had an amazing amount of packs.
    I do agree that TL's polices are just plain messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kapowcowpwned View Post
    And yes tl has more content then sct but that is only because they accept non scene releases..
    See above, TL has way less content, this include their "TLSpecial's," which have mainly been things ripped from elsewhere. ScT doesn't make a habit of uploading non scene releases, but sometimes the scene is slow or cannot release something due to rules, and supply has to meet the demand of us users. No fault to them though, not all sources make it upstream and become scene releases.

Speaking of the community at ScT, its far more friendly than any other tracker that i've had the good fortune to get an account at. IMHO thats worth more than any release selection, speed, or pretime that others have to offer.

So sure, SCT may or may not be overrated, it just all depends on your perspective.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Edit: double posted
    Last edited by bittwist; 05-24-2007 at 09:10 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well i finally got it after a few years and with the free leech it had definitely been great.I can't complain.Rate it a 1000 for all i care doesn't matter to me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    pwilly's Avatar PW
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by starblade View Post
    OK can I ask a dumb question....what does SCT and TL stand for?? I must not be too familiar with most private torrent sites...anyone gimme a partial url for thos so I can see what they are about?
    ok, I'll give it to you

ScT = Scenetorrents

TL = TorrentLeech

Thanks for that also. I knew TL as i was lucky enough to be given an account by someone on here recently. Just like to know what the 0day talk is about now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Torrent Addict BT Rep: +2
    Overrated?

Content: yes
    Pretime: no
    Speed: NO

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by bittwist View Post
    TBH most 0day trackers has the same content only a few around thats offer some special packs or non scene rlz..
    Most of the packs I see on other sites have been rudely ripped from ScT and re tagged. For instance ScTFTW turns into TLSpecial. At least give credit for the people/sites who take the time to gather and release the packs. We see what your doing there.
    Are you serious SCT they ripped most of their packs from other site like FTN , RsR and HDbits ,TH , and The new scum lamers site SCC

I dont support pay2scum (Pay2Leech or Pay2G) sites like SCT even more TL thats gives you a warning if you dont seed for their VIP , idont give a shit abt Sct anymore .
    I dont recall having to pay at SCT, infact I only donated once, and that was to get the spiffy lil star icon and the +v in irc. I "almost" feel like donating again, this last free leech has had an amazing amount of packs.
    I do agree that TL's polices are just plain messed up.
    I dont wanna start another Greensmoker thread abt ^pay to leech is right or wrong and SCT turn to be Pay2leech bc Sithlord (Feel1nG) want to buy a new duo core and earn some money from the tracker (Sharing is caring ) SCt has lost respect from many members around
    Last edited by Ac3Dunk; 05-24-2007 at 01:04 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    "Description: First of many HDDVD x264 movie packs.

thx hdbits"

Credit was given to hdbits and other places for having the files that the packs was made out of, in the description and in the comments. Why don't people check things before posting?

Feeling has been talking about and linking pics to expensive hardware before they started up their 'donate for gb's' program. We joked about feeling buying parts for his car with the server cash months before all of this, are people taking it seriously? But if money is indeed being handled wrong, shame.

Now about being pay2leech, they added bonuses on top of the normal donation methods:
    • 10.00 - 19.99€ will give you 1GB per euro.
    • 20.00 - 29.99€ will give you 1.25GB per euro OR 1 invite.
    • 30.00 - 49.99€ will give you 1.3125GB per euro OR 2 invites.
    • 50.00+€ will give you 70GB for the first 50.00€ plus 1.5GB per euro for the remaining euros OR 4 invites.
    I fail to see how its pay to leech, as the gigabytes given for a donation isnt a huge amount, and can still join and use the site without paying a penny. 50 euro for 70gb? People in places with tiny upstream bandwidth wouldn't rely on it for leeching axx.

Quote Originally Posted by gbilly72 View Post
    Overrated?

Content: yes
    Pretime: no
    Speed: NO
    I think gbilly got it right.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast