Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Isp's for file sharing??

Ok, Cox I hear would be great, but unfortunately, it is not offered here in my area. Charter is, but again, I do not know how cool they are with file sharing. Anyone use Charter that can vouch to their coolness? I seem to recall several posts where people mentioned having receiving nasty letters from them... but I could be wrong. PC Mag ran a pretty decent article comparing ISP's. I would have to say, your ISP is probably as important a link in the chain any other component in your system. I am going to attach a picture from the article that rates the avg speeds of all of the major providers here in the US. Hope it sheds some light on the subject.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    People have very few options for broadband ISPs: one ISP and 2 ISPs (local telco and local cable company) are the most common option (and in rural areas 0 broadband options are not infrequent). I suggest you look at Broadband Reports for the ISPs you actually have available. Here, for example, is a discussion of Comcast's invisible caps:
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/82786

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12