Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How many of you heard about this...

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skerven View Post
    Those blacks were not born savages. I hope they found out what made them so ...mean and incorporated it into our social systems.

Am I being idealistic?

Are you so sure they weren't born that way?

Why the need to blame "society" for the way these people are?

If your gonna punt the ball into the hands of society you allow these sub-humans a sense of moral bearing as in comprehension to ones situation.

This and the obvious question of who's to pay for your study to find out "what made them so?"

Let's just say they are not worthy of the human race and move on to the trial.
    It is a debatable point. I don't think you can change them if they have the 'gene'. I have seen people born into unsociable families who turned out to be respectable people.

If you are born with the 'gene' or whatever makes you unsociable, IMO you stay that way. There was a scheme in this country about 40 years ago that integrated unsociable families into sociable areas. It did not work. All that happened was that the sociable areas went downhill.

I suppose it is a case of once a Twat always a Twat, whatever the environment.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

Are you so sure they weren't born that way?

Why the need to blame "society" for the way these people are?

If your gonna punt the ball into the hands of society you allow these sub-humans a sense of moral bearing as in comprehension to ones situation.

This and the obvious question of who's to pay for your study to find out "what made them so?"

Let's just say they are not worthy of the human race and move on to the trial.
    It is a debatable point. I don't think you can change them if they have the 'gene'. I have seen people born into unsociable families who turned out to be respectable people.

If you are born with the 'gene' or whatever makes you unsociable, IMO you stay that way. There was a scheme in this country about 40 years ago that integrated unsociable families into sociable areas. It did not work. All that happened was that the sociable areas went downhill.

There's an unsociable gene?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

There's an unsociable gene?

I'm always reminded of one of Chris Rock's routines where he goes into a bit about pills for this and pills for that.....we should figure out why they act that way and so on and then he makes the point..."whatever happen to they're just fucking nuts?"
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Who are the "libs in attendance", then?

The only one that springs to mind right away is vid.
    Hmmm.

Possibly not; as I recall, he is not foursquare against capital punishment...though that admission usually occurs after blood is shed.

Thinking in terms of those who doubt the deterrent effect of the death penalty has always made me wonder if they believe that laws are or can be intended to deter anything at all.

The debate possibilities are rich and rife.
    I reckon it's a deterrent.

I even reckon it's so good at deterring people, it makes killers kill more people to avoid getting caught, like

As a concept I can't say I'm against it, apart from that. Not so much because it's a deterrent, although it probably works as that, but because some people are so sick they'll pose a risk to society as long as they are around.

Its application, on the other hand, is a problem. Your legal system, being what it is, isn't something I consider infallible, meaning that among the thousands of death sentences in your country, some people subjected to it will be innocent of the crime they are convicted to, and others won't be the same people they were when they did the crime.

And on top of that, money or just plain luck in getting the right jury or lawyer will ensure that others won't be sentenced to it, making who gets it and who doesn't, unfair.

EDit: We've all been through this before, but I reckon you were after something like this. Not that I'm actually a liberal, but even so.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-05-2007 at 03:32 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

EDit: We've all been through this before, but I reckon you were after something like this. Not that I'm actually a liberal, but even so.
    You've always been my favorite un-liberal, Snee.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    It is not the severity of the crime that makes it a hate crime, it's the intent behind it. Yes I heard about this and it's terrible. If it is proven that they did it because of the race/religion etc. of the victims then IMO it should be a hate crime and federalized to give tougher powers of prosecution and hopefully a better chance of the death penalty being applied.
    It seems here that some think white victims + black perpetrators or black victims + white perpetrators must = hate crime. Well it may have been a random act and the race of the victims had nothing to do with it.

Kev doesn't like the idea of a special hate crime law, however if such crimes come under federal law then the chances of a fair trial (both ways) and fitting punishment increase.
    He also seems to want everyone to think that there is a left wing conspiracy that makes it only a hate crime if the perpetrators are white

I would be for the death penalty for these people in this case ONLY IF it could be proven they are the ones that did it without a doubt.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    It is not the severity of the crime that makes it a hate crime, it's the intent behind it. Yes I heard about this and it's terrible. If it is proven that they did it because of the race/religion etc. of the victims then IMO it should be a hate crime and federalized to give tougher powers of prosecution and hopefully a better chance of the death penalty being applied.
    It seems here that some think white victims + black perpetrators or black victims + white perpetrators must = hate crime. Well it may have been a random act and the race of the victims had nothing to do with it.

Kev doesn't like the idea of a special hate crime law, however if such crimes come under federal law then the chances of a fair trial (both ways) and fitting punishment increase.
    He also seems to want everyone to think that there is a left wing conspiracy that makes it only a hate crime if the perpetrators are white

I would be for the death penalty for these people in this case ONLY IF it could be proven they are the ones that did it without a doubt.
    Given that polygraphy has no standing in a court of law, how do you propose to divine another's truest "intent" by patently non-scientific means?

You do believe in the scientific approach, don't you, Nigel?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

Given that polygraphy has no standing in a court of law, how do you propose to divine another's truest "intent" by patently non-scientific means?

You know, with normal investigation stuff, like interviews with the accused, witness statements, etc.

I find it interesting that this affects you so much. Tbh, if those black folk get tagged with hate crime status, I couldn't give a shit*.

Also, to my knowledge, hate crimes are paltry when compared with overall murders and rapes.

* Whether this is the correct version or whether I should or shouldn't give 2 or even 3 shits, I could or couldn't give a shit. If one struggles with this wording then simply get some pussy to get your mind off grammar. However, If you think that there is something, possibly, in the world that you do give 9 shits about, feel free to use whatever the fuck comes to mind since, if you could or couldn't give a shit, it doesn't fucking matter....now does it? ANSWER ME MOTHERFUCKER!!!. Thanks, and fuck yo mama.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-06-2007 at 02:30 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Probably the same way as "attempted" murder is dealt with.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify

I believe traditionally that's how convictions are handed down.
    I don't even know if there is a death penalty in Tenn.
    I can't imagine any scenario in which they would be found not-guilty(given the current evidence.)
    Unless Johnny Cochran gets involved...a not-guilty from beyond the grave might be able to trump the O.J verdict. Imagine the possibilities.
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 06-06-2007 at 06:15 AM.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast