Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh And Guess What....

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

So why are you going apeshit about it then.
    True dat.

Oh and guess what...........

The MLB draft was on recently...
    The what?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    To say that the MLB draft pales in comparison as far as publicity goes compared to the NFL and NBA drafts is a severe understatement.

My question is, has it always been this way? Or did it just begin in the 90's and onwards.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    To say that the MLB draft pales in comparison as far as publicity goes compared to the NFL and NBA drafts is a severe understatement.

My question is, has it always been this way? Or did it just begin in the 90's and onwards.
    It's always been that way.

One reason is that college baseball is not on most folks radar screen.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Werent you talking about hockey? I actually followed the finals for the first time ever. I wasnt much into hockey till this year. I thought the games were pretty good and i feel the better team won.

Anaheim has a great balance of power and talent. I was expecting a little more from the Sens after how great they played in the playoffs. Things really didnt go their way. Maybe next year.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hockey takes up a very small crescent at the very top of my radar screen.

I've barely noticed it since the strike a while back...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Maybe its just me but I find NHL's regular season the most redundant among the four major sports. What I mean is the fact that teams with the most wins in the regular season dont really get a significant advantage come playoff time. All they get is 1 more home game than the other team and it seems like the venue of an NHL game is too irrelevant at least compared to NBA, NFL and MLB. Maybe I'm wrong but i can recall more instances where the top seeds in NHL playoffs fell to the underdogs than the other 3 sports.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
    Werent you talking about hockey?
    Yeah, but it was mainly sports stuff that's on almost no one's radar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12