Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatton v Castillo

fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hatton is a good boxer - heck he torn down Tszyu. But I think Castillo will beat him, because Castillo is a good fighter also and has a better resume/past big fights. We'll see.

But I don't think Calzaghe is that good. He had beaten Lacy, who is a Tyson wannabe and has had only 22 pro fights at the time they fought. Who else did he beat?

The thing in boxing is... Great fighters are the ones who have fought great fighters.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    In my opinion, Hatton has no chance on Castillo...

And I'm pretty sure Castillo will fight his best in memory of the late Diego Corrales.

Who do you guys think is the best pound-4-pound fighter right now?

Mayweather? I think Pacquiao is the best and most exciting fighter right now.

I like Mayweather. However, I was very unimpressed with his against De La Hoya. It's a hard one to call.

When is Jermaine Taylor's next fight? I don't have HBO anymore.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I like Mayweather. However, I was very unimpressed with his against De La Hoya. It's a hard one to call.

Taylor just fought Spinks... I think he'll fight next Winky Wright for their rematch. They had a draw last time they fought.

And that Mayweather - De La Hoya fight was a waste of money.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Hatton is a good boxer - heck he torn down Tszyu. But I think Castillo will beat him, because Castillo is a good fighter also and has a better resume/past big fights. We'll see.

But I don't think Calzaghe is that good. He had beaten Lacy, who is a Tyson wannabe and has had only 22 pro fights at the time they fought. Who else did he beat?

The thing in boxing is... Great fighters are the ones who have fought great fighters.

I still don't like one knock people try to put on Cal that he's a slapper.

He is but so what? If slaps the other fighter senseless and slaps er...knocks them out, then he won.

The way he fights does look kinda weird (makes me cringe a bit) but I say beat him or STFU.

I'm gonna go with Hatton. I saw him a little shaky with Collazo but I like his energy. It's like he is perpetual or something.

5. Lounge   -   #15

Which is an entirely different post to "In my opinion, Hatton has no chance on Castillo...".

See my previous posts in this thread and look for the irony. You'll see that other people don't understand it. It's not their fault it's a cultural thing.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Taylor just fought Spinks... I think he'll fight next Winky Wright for their rematch. They had a draw last time they fought.

And that Mayweather - De La Hoya fight was a waste of money.

Yeah I saw that fight at El Torrito restaurant and bar in Puerta Vallarta, Mehico. I drew boos when everyone was shouting, "De La Hoya, De La Hoya!" and I shouted in response, "Mayweather, Mayweather!".

I might right have got my ass kicked by the entire city if it weren't for the fact that the folks there were quite nice.

Sometimes the way Winky fights bores the hell outta me. He is not very entertaining many times cuz he's a defensive fighter. Jermaine Taylor is quite entertaining though. Their first fight was Winky's third loss. I think he's 51 - 3 but he fought mostly in Europe.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas View Post

Which is an entirely different post to "In my opinion, Hatton has no chance on Castillo...".

See my previous posts in this thread and look for the irony. You'll see that other people don't understand it. It's not their fault it's a cultural thing.

8. Lounge   -   #18

Well I got a little nice on Hatton...

I still think that Castillo will beat Hatton.

And you're right - it's a cultural thing... With all respect - I don't see a great European fighter beating a great Mexican fighter.

9. Lounge   -   #19

And you're right - it's a cultural thing... With all respect - I don't see a great European fighter beating a great Mexican fighter.

At first I was going to say why not?

Well I think I see where you are going. Many think it's only cultural but has to do with the level of competition thrown at a fighter. I don't think Hatton has fought the level of competition that Castillo has by a longshot.

However, you have to recognize that there diamonds in the rough. Sure European fighters might be shit generally but Hatton is a special fighter.

Simply put, Britain is not known for great boxers. It has nothing to do culture or race.

I used to hear the same about certain states churning out better boxers than others.

edit: nice sig, btw.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-20-2007 at 11:12 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #20

Fair enough mate, you think Castillo will win. That's cool and we'll find out in a couple of days. However to say that a World Champion with a 42 - 0 record and 30 knockouts has no chance is a bit off. The man has dedicated his life to one of the most difficult sports in the World and reached the top of the game, beating anyone put up against him. In my opinion he at least deserves a bit of respect. He is also a fucking decent spud and well liked in his home city.

Oh and the cultural thing related to the use of irony when writing, as opposed to boxing ethos.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast