Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: RTS hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Qua View Post
    I'm in no way affiliated with RTS-rep! Just becos I have different view on torrnet community. If Melvinmeow says he saw the passwords in plain text, then i guess he saw it,but isnt it possible that they fixed it since.
    Exactly what I said.. Doubtful... but they could have. I mentioned this 2 pages back.
    The part that still gets me... even if they did fix it.. they lied and said they were never storing them in plain text. If they lied about that and I know they were storing them in that manner. What else are they lieing about?

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    I'm in no way affiliated with RTS-rep! Just becos I have different view on torrnet community. If Melvinmeow says he saw the passwords in plain text, then i guess he saw it,but isnt it possible that they fixed it since.
    Exactly what I said.. Doubtful... but they could have. I mentioned this 2 pages back.
    The part that still gets me... even if they did fix it.. they lied and said they were never storing them in plain text. If they lied about that and I know they were storing them in that manner. What else are they lieing about?

Yep i think i said point this out to many other people on a private forum like a month or so ago. Anyways if you want to use RTs fine just make sure you use a different password there.

Wild

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    How did you see that they were storing it in plaintext?

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    go back a few pages buggyme
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    well ,some attack RTS because it's being run by who was believed to be former traders ,alot just don't want a tracker run by traders to be a success one ,they just think that being a trader is like being a terrorist ,personally i trust RTS more than some other sites because i am sure that they wouldn't be giving or passing my (id,ip and mail) to some other trackers like some (Not Traders) staff did and do

well,may be the tracker didn't become a legend and it's not moving up fast and i guess that because it's being ddosed regularly from some haters who don't want that tracker to improve but regarding security ,personally if i had any fears that the staff their is a risk as some say then i would be one of the first to delete my acc but i didn't and i don't think i will do because until now i haven't seen any security risk on my acc or my friends accs
    Last edited by Patriot foreve; 06-24-2007 at 09:41 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    well ,some attack RTS because it's being run by who was believed to be former traders ,alot just don't want a tracker run by traders to be a success one ,they just think that being a trader is like being a terrorist ,personally i trust RTS more than some other sites because i am sure that they wouldn't be giving or passing my (id,ip and mail ) to some other trackers like some (Not Traders) staff did and do

HAHA

I do and will pass on info to other site owners/staffers that see the same way as i do. Most if not all trackers now group up and share info on all cheaters and traders. Traders and cheaters do more bad then good and are not wanted anywhere really.

It does not matter if that site is run by former traders or not, the fact of the matter is that its run by untrusted people. Plus i dont beleave they are former traders. I have been told by some trusted people here on this site that all they did was get new accounts and still trading away.

Wild

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

HAHA

I do and will pass on info to other site owners/staffers that see the same way as i do. Most if not all trackers now group up and share info on all cheaters and traders. Traders and cheaters do more bad then good and are not wanted anywhere really.

It does not matter if that site is run by former traders or not, the fact of the matter is that its run by untrusted people. Plus i dont beleave they are former traders. I have been told by some trusted people here on this site that all they did was get new accounts and still trading away.

Wild
    have u ever thought that those who trade acertain tracker mayn't be involved in trading others ?

have u thought that may be some member is wrongfully banned from acertain tracker and teh staff won't probably wanna listen to him because they think that they are just more elite than him and then pass his info and also get banned on other trackers ?

have u thought that maybe acertain staff member was pissed of acertain member for an attitude or something and decide to pass his info as u do and others do and get him banned on other trackers that he had no problems with ?

have u thought that the acc that u r passing info may be possibly hacked by someone in the same country getting an innocent member to be banned on other trackers?

would u like to be put in same situation where your ip,mail ,personal info are being passed between hundreds of people jeopardizing your privacy?

These are just examples of how this can jeopardize some members privacy and causing innocent to be hurt

I am sure each single tracker can handle his problems regarding cheaters and traders alone with proper scripts and with some attention

you think it's moral to just destroy any privacy anyone may have and just don't respect their details but i think it's immoral ,infact i think that trackers are more risky than those who don't do that

you say that RTS is being run by untrustable members ,do u even know them ,i know some of their staff from along time like jessica alba and i would personally trust him with my life if necessary

what i am sure of that RTS don't pass info or details to other trackers so members can get banned like what you and some others do because if that happened i will delete my acc there but i doubt that will ever happen and u don't call what u and some others do by passing info of your members and spreading them globally a security risk for members

unfortunately some like you just disapprove of the idea that there is atracker is being run by traders because some think that traders are some lower mean people which is far away from truth

you say that their staff are still traders which i doubt but do u think that other trackers staff don't trade ,i am not going to say names because privacy and secrecy of traders are essential for me but i personally traded with afew staff members and trackers admins before and some of them run well known trackers and if u ask around well ,maybe u can get some of these names
    Last edited by Patriot foreve; 06-24-2007 at 10:33 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Qua's Avatar Fortress Europe BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

HAHA

Wild
    So RTS is unsecure for users and that's such a bad thing...but when you do it it's okay?
    Double standards anyone?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    awesome post pf

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    lol, spoken like a true trader PF.

-RTS can have all the traders/cheaters....i doubt any reputable tracker wants them.
    Proud Member of:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast