Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: RTS hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Qua View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

HAHA

I do and will pass on info to other site owners/staffers that see the same way as i do. Most if not all trackers now group up and share info on all cheaters and traders. Traders and cheaters do more bad then good and are not wanted anywhere really.

It does not matter if that site is run by former traders or not, the fact of the matter is that its run by untrusted people. Plus i dont beleave they are former traders. I have been told by some trusted people here on this site that all they did was get new accounts and still trading away.

Wild
    So RTS is unsecure for users and that's such a bad thing...but when you do it it's okay?
    Double standards anyone?
    Big differance.... RTS can use your info to get into and hijack any of their users accounts on other sites.
    When tracker staff give out any information about cheaters ect... its to ban them off other sites.

TBH if we let the cheaters/traders on our sites without banning them you guys would probably be complaining about that. Since we ban cheaters/traders you complain about us getting them banned from other sites as well. Its a Lose/Lose situation. So personally Ill lose with sharing the info with other staff to get the asswipes banned.

Another thing... you guys make it look like the trading of bad users info is bad and all... Think of it in this manner as well.

UserA hacks into CrappingUpTheScene (CUTS) and the clowns from CUTS have no idea how to figure out who it was.
    SiteA knows how to check the logs and offers to help them track down the hackers info.
    SiteA and CUTS figure out the IP of the hacker. SiteA messages a few other staff throughout the communities with the IP to see if anyone has any info to put a name/email/anything to that IP. SiteA finds out who it is... sends the hack logs from CUTS to other communites trusted staff members and these other communities take action to fix their codes to prevent their sites from being vulnerable/bans the hackers ip.

You can see it as a bad thing while others see it as a good thing... it all depends on the manner of what/why its being passed I suppose really.

CUTS isnt a real site btw. Nor was it intended to shame any "Respectable" sites names. (Should you guys think it was directed at anyone)
    ::cough cough::

P.S. Was gonna comment about PF's long winded post but I decided to let him get off without being shamed
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 06-25-2007 at 01:29 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

HAHA

I do and will pass on info to other site owners/staffers that see the same way as i do. Most if not all trackers now group up and share info on all cheaters and traders. Traders and cheaters do more bad then good and are not wanted anywhere really.

It does not matter if that site is run by former traders or not, the fact of the matter is that its run by untrusted people. Plus i dont beleave they are former traders. I have been told by some trusted people here on this site that all they did was get new accounts and still trading away.

Wild
    have u ever thought that those who trade acertain tracker mayn't be involved in trading others ?

have u thought that may be some member is wrongfully banned from acertain tracker and teh staff won't probably wanna listen to him because they think that they are just more elite than him and then pass his info and also get banned on other trackers ?

have u thought that maybe acertain staff member was pissed of acertain member for an attitude or something and decide to pass his info as u do and others do and get him banned on other trackers that he had no problems with ?

have u thought that the acc that u r passing info may be possibly hacked by someone in the same country getting an innocent member to be banned on other trackers?

would u like to be put in same situation where your ip,mail ,personal info are being passed between hundreds of people jeopardizing your privacy?

These are just examples of how this can jeopardize some members privacy and causing innocent to be hurt

I am sure each single tracker can handle his problems regarding cheaters and traders alone with proper scripts and with some attention

you think it's moral to just destroy any privacy anyone may have and just don't respect their details but i think it's immoral ,infact i think that trackers are more risky than those who don't do that

you say that RTS is being run by untrustable members ,do u even know them ,i know some of their staff from along time like jessica alba and i would personally trust him with my life if necessary

what i am sure of that RTS don't pass info or details to other trackers so members can get banned like what you and some others do because if that happened i will delete my acc there but i doubt that will ever happen and u don't call what u and some others do by passing info of your members and spreading them globally a security risk for members

unfortunately some like you just disapprove of the idea that there is atracker is being run by traders because some think that traders are some lower mean people which is far away from truth

you say that their staff are still traders which i doubt but do u think that other trackers staff don't trade ,i am not going to say names because privacy and secrecy of traders are essential for me but i personally traded with afew staff members and trackers admins before and some of them run well known trackers and if u ask around well ,maybe u can get some of these names

many sites now share info because something has to be done account trading and cheating is way out of control. We share info to help each other where its about code or a user. This info is not posted for all to see so its not like its being leaked to mpaa/riaa/fbi and other goverments its being shared with other trusted people. Its simple dont cheat trade accounts and all that stupid stuff and you have nothing to worry about.

Some say just use scripts to catch cheaters. Well this can be done but how many different scripts do we need. There are so many ways to cheat and you dont even need a cheat client to cheat. Now to catch every cheat out there would cause a huge site load and members will be bitching.

Wild

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Qua's Avatar Fortress Europe BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Must admit that you have a point there,and a good one. It's a lose/lose situation for users as well. It's like we have to choose betwen our privacy and trackers full of cheaters.
    One question, in theory...situation that you described. Did they got the dumb f**k who hacked certain site(i kinda don't like acronim)

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Qua View Post
    Must admit that you have a point there,and a good one. It's a lose/lose situation for users as well. It's like we have to choose betwen our privacy and trackers full of cheaters.
    One question, in theory...situation that you described. Did they got the dumb f**k who hacked certain site(i kinda don't like acronim)
    TBH the trackers full of cheaters/traders you really have to worry about your privacy more on. For example... RTS.

Sites which share some users info amongst each other we are only sharing bad users info... if your a respectable user you have no worries. Where on sites like RTS even if your a good respectable user... you have to worry about them hijacking your account since they still see your passwords lol

BTW sorry if you dont like my acronym. Does it stand for something else I dont know about?

OOOH 1,000 POSTS Hoora!! lmao

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Big differance.... RTS can use your info to get into and hijack any of their users accounts on other sites.
    When tracker staff give out any information about cheaters ect... its to ban them off other sites.

P.S. Was gonna comment about PF's long winded post but I decided to let him get off without being shamed

well,where did u get that info from ,RTS never hijack any accs because as long as i have seen till now there isn't asingle complaint either here in FST or in other communities,you guys are just making up things because u don't want atracker which is run by who was regarded as (Former Traders) to successed

if RTS hijacks accs as u say which is i find impossible to believe because personally if they wanted to hijack accs u would have seen alot of complaints of members claiming that they were hacked after joining RTS which has never happened

you are accusing RTS staff of hijacking accs ,well do u have any proof on that ,have u seen anyone of their members claim that or you are just supposing that because some of their staff were former traders and traders are always blacklisted to you (Respectable Torrent Trackers staff)

i don't know if what u said about their password storing system in the first 2 days of tracker launch but even if we suppose that to be true ,i am sure that has changed just right after it was spotted while the member base was like 10members and that issue was resolved just right after it was spotted and u just make that it's like the end of the world although instant action was taken and there were no harm done to any of these members and as their ComRep pointed that all members data are all encrypted and i think the guy know what he says well

i believe that almost all trackers use that tbdev source code and i don't say i know much about that stuff but if it was that then where were the coders who published that

in my previous post i have posted some various examples of alot that can be posted about you giving members details ,ip ,infos and spreading them globally ,if that isn't arisk to members and that i can accept having my details published to alot of trackers destroying my privacy and jeopradizing me to risk of being hacked because how the hell would i know that my info won't fall into some corrupted staff member somewhere

plz don't just tell me that it's for my own security that i share your info with other trackers sothat we can catch cheaters and traders because all those can be caught with proper scripts which is available already or those who can be developed and used besides afew attention from any staff and it just don't need to share your members details to other trackers (and i am not talking here as atrader)

from what i can see ,if you aren't a trader you are arespected staff which i really find it weird because same of those who u can specify as (Respected staff) and run some decent trackers sometimes trade and i personally traded with afew of them (yeah ,i was shocked at first to recieve just offers and i hesitated doing the first one as i thought it may be some kind of a setup but i took the risk and all went ok) and if u tried to dig up some info then u may be able to know some of them

if i had one doubt that RTS was arisk i would have never kept my account there and i would have deleted it but i didn't because personally i am willing to trust what u call traders who aren't respected in your opinion who would never pass any member details ,info ,ips to any other places because they respect everyones privacy than jeopardizing myself into (Your respected paradise) where my all info,details are being passed,spreaded globally
    Last edited by Patriot foreve; 06-25-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    The life you live for others is the one worth living

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

well,where did u get that info from ,RTS never hijack any accs because as long as i have seen till now there isn't asingle complaint either here in FST or in other communities,you guys are just making up things because u don't want atracker which is run by who was regarded as (Former Traders) to successed

if RTS hijacks accs as u say which is i find impossible to believe because personally if they wanted to hijack accs u would have seen alot of complaints of members claiming that they were hacked after joining RTS which has never happened

It was never mentioned they were hijacking accounts. What was mentioned however was the FACT that they do not encrypt users passwords. The whole reason the hijacking topic arose was due to the fact that they lied about their site being hacked. I was merely pointing out due to the fact they dont encrypt their passwords on the site that all their users SHOULD change their passwords. (For their own security not mine...) If you dont want to change your passwords dont. Thats your own buissness. (However checking their logs I see even PF changed his password since my notice... HMMM THAT SOME STRONG FAITH IN RTS THERE EH? lol)

you are accusing RTS staff of hijacking accs ,well do u have any proof on that ,have u seen anyone of their members claim that or you are just supposing that because some of their staff were former traders and traders are always blacklisted to you (Respectable Torrent Trackers staff)

I never accused them of hijacking accounts again I tell you. But if they were being thruthful about their passwords not being encrypted... why would they have removed the encryption in the first place? Since the default scripts on ANY tracker source I have ever seen in the last few yrs have had the encryption built in for you already. Why store users passwords in plain text if your not trying to hijack accounts/shit.???
    TBH I dont really know many of the RTS staff nor do I really care who they are... Im sure alot of you are traders ect... but TBH WTF does that have to do with the need to store passwords in plain txt on their site?
    Their staff are acctually blacklisted cause most of them (That I do know & have heard about... Are all >> ASSHOLES,cheaters,traders,TROUBLE on sites.<< If you want me to word it correctly. )

i don't know if what u said about their password storing system in the first 2 days of tracker launch but even if we suppose that to be true ,i am sure that has changed just right after it was spotted while the member base was like 10members and that issue was resolved just right after it was spotted and u just make that it's like the end of the world although instant action was taken and there were no harm done to any of these members and as their ComRep pointed that all members data are all encrypted and i think the guy know what he says well
    I did everyone a favor and checked their site yesterday (with 1 of the staff from RTS permission). Their passwords are STILL not encrypted as they werent when I noted it on DAY 2 of being open. Their site had 4 other injection spots which even if their passwords were encrypted would allow people to still hijack accounts. Is there even more than 10 members on that site at this very moment??? There was no action nor instant action taken even to this point about the passwords. Their commrep obviously doesnt know his head from his tail end.. You can assure this by his 3 changes in his wording.. Example check their reason for the torrents dissapearing. for a few hrs it was a hacker... then it was a scrypt error. Get the freaken facts straight. Which was it? Personally I think they dissapeared cause I sat on the server and the files popped.

i believe that almost all trackers use that tbdev source code and i don't say i know much about that stuff but if it was that then where were the coders who published that
    Most probably do...TBDEV is one of the most popular sources ive seen. The default source you find anywhere I know of... has encryption of passwords turned on.

in my previous post i have posted some various examples of alot that can be posted about you giving members details ,ip ,infos and spreading them globally ,if that isn't arisk to members and that i can accept having my details published to alot of trackers destroying my privacy and jeopradizing me to risk of being hacked because how the hell would i know that my info won't fall into some corrupted staff member somewhere
    Read my previous post... TBH if your concerned about us giving out 1 or 2 users ips ect... you should really be concerned about RTS... If I log into a staff members account (Which I probably could... see txt passwords refrence/injections.) I could see all the ips of traders that I could possibly care to see if I wanted. (We all know 99% of their userbase is FST users.) Which does not mean they are all bad.. The point being MOST of them are probably traders. Which also is not bad. But some people consider them bad. Either case if I wanted/cared to I could turn it into my own TRADER nabbin HONEYPOT. so to speak. NOTE: I am not saying im hacking their site or that I will im only stating facts and points of view. I never condone in hacking any sites without permission.

plz don't just tell me that it's for my own security that i share your info with other trackers sothat we can catch cheaters and traders because all those can be caught with proper scripts which is available already or those who can be developed and used besides afew attention from any staff and it just don't need to share your members details to other trackers (and i am not talking here as atrader)
    TBH theres new cheats written regularly. We try and counter these... however, not every cheat script can be detected. And many times if a certain site knows how to catch 1 method doesnt mean we all due. Many times the methods of catching new cheat clients are not published due to the fact when they are... the code writers of these cheats just find new ways to bypass them. If you have a warrant for your arrest... your picture/info is passed through the police departments in neighboring states even... If you want to complain about info being swapped... go complain to your state legislators.

from what i can see ,if you aren't a trader you are arespected staff which i really find it weird because same of those who u can specify as (Respected staff) and run some decent trackers sometimes trade and i personally traded with afew of them (yeah ,i was shocked at first to recieve just offers and i hesitated doing the first one as i thought it may be some kind of a setup but i took the risk and all went ok) and if u tried to dig up some info then u may be able to know some of them
    This statement is completely incorrect. I acctually know of quite alot of users here who are not staff on any sites that I would call a respectable torrent user... What you consider to be respectable staff... may not be what some of consider respectable staff.. EX: Just cause I think someone is an ass... doesnt mean your definition of them will be they are an ass as well will it? Im sure some trackers staff do trade for accounts. (I can acctually name a few.) Doesnt mean we all do. TBH ALL of the people I talk to dont need to trade accounts. (We know each other and can just ask for an account on their site. EX: If I pmed Wild right now asking for an invite to his site I know I would definately get 1. (Even though im already a member and dont need 1.)

if i had one doubt that RTS was arisk i would have never kept my account there and i would have deleted it but i didn't because personally i am willing to trust what u call traders who aren't respected in your opinion who would never pass any member details ,info ,ips to any other places because they respect everyones privacy than jeopardizing myself into (Your respected paradise) where my all info,details are being passed,spreaded globally

For someone who has complete faith... you seemed to have changed your password again I say since this topic was started. Im not sure who your trying to fool with the comment they wouldnt pass your info to other people... JA messaged me a few weeks ago with a RTS members name,ip,email asking if I had them on my site. I told him I didnt know who they were... TBH (Nothing against JA) but if I did know who they were he would have still gotten the same answer I gave. IF you feel so strongly about them... then so be it. Thats your perogitive. You are subject to your own opinions. I am not trying to cause any shame to RTS. (They do a well enough job shaming themselves so I dont even need to.) I was only pointing out that they should encrypt their users passwords. If they cared for their users as you so say... then they would just encrypt them and prove they are encrypted so this topic can die.
    P.S. Orange in the quote = my reply. Blue = PF's original comments.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    this is the best argument since ftwin banned 99% of fst
    Last edited by Alien5; 06-25-2007 at 07:00 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    In horse-racing, when a horse becomes sick or is found to have a terminal disease, it is put down, to put it out of it's misery. Perhaps it's time this same philosophy was applied to RTS. I don't think they are capable of running anything. lmao
    Oh and the other day when I said I had deleted my acct and didn't trust them, their overly attacking, defensive reaction told me everything I needed to know and showed everyone else too.
    Last edited by benchez; 06-25-2007 at 07:11 PM.
    Now go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hands the community a loaded rifle and hopes that the death is quick and painless.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    clubzz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Hands the community a loaded rifle and hopes that the death is quick and painless.
    Why must it be painless?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast