Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Torrent Sites....WTF?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If you want to discuss it, fine. I find it a good topic to discuss.

If the insults continue though, the thread will be closed.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    go fuck yourself skizo!!!!

jk
    Alright.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gish View Post

TL has great staff and what policies are you talking about?
    as far as FSC if anything they need more seeders, not more leechers. got it backwards!
    Anytime I ever went to help I got some asshole to talk to. I was also IP banned and had my account disabled, for not breaking any rules, and when I finally got into their IRC 20 minutes later, I was unbanned when they saw they had made a mistake. I thought torrent sites usually check the facts before totally banning innocent people, especially power users. Sure I got my account back, but having to deal with bullshit just sucks.

BTW, TL is a P2L site, so don't you find it a little suspicious that they mistakenly ban people who don't pay?
    lol other site's staff won't even listen to you what are you talking about...

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tindron View Post
    you fox, should be put down for all our sakes, because you are the worst kind of poster, you miss the point.....
    you are too cought up in your own ego to get back to the original post and give an opinion....you have yet to do so, will you ever?

Tolerance is an attribute that some of us have. The ability to tolerate the opinions of others when those opinions do not coincide with our own.

I should be put down, should I... That speaks volumes about your character, and the tolerance shown towards others.

The original post was about how you thought the torrent communities were decaying. As with all threads, this one has evolved to encompass much more than just the opening post. By it's very nature, a thread will evolve as more people post their comments.

Just because you are the thread starter, that does not mean you are right (or wrong). You are simply expressing an opinion. I am also expressing opinions in my posts.

As for your kind words, I'll bare them in mind for the future...

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    take it easy guys!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    On the original topic, I think that all sites change and evolve. I suppose you hardly can ever keep a certain thing in a continually same state, and even your own mentality can be the thing that's changing. With every change, there are bound to be the people that yearn for the old site; this is inevitable. There are tons of torrent sites out there, so if those you mentioned don't suit you, you can may eventually find another that you'd like more. Or, as other people mentioned, you can try out newsgroups. I find that private torrent sites have obtained some dumber people over time.

I can agree with you that some trackers are beginning to stale. However, I can't agree that FTN is worse now than before. I think its selection and community has gotten wider than when it had just 2000 torrents. Scc, however, was always a machine. In the past, it had even less users for an adept community. TD likewise was always boring. ScT really did stale with its new invite policy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We miss you Shadowfire.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    On the original topic, I think that all sites change and evolve. I suppose you hardly can ever keep a certain thing in a continually same state, and even your own mentality can be the thing that's changing. With every change, there are bound to be the people that yearn for the old site; this is inevitable. There are tons of torrent sites out there, so if those you mentioned don't suit you, you can may eventually find another that you'd like more. Or, as other people mentioned, you can try out newsgroups. I find that private torrent sites have obtained some dumber people over time.

I can agree with you that some trackers are beginning to stale. However, I can't agree that FTN is worse now than before. I think its selection and community has gotten wider than when it had just 2000 torrents. Scc, however, was always a machine. In the past, it had even less users for an adept community. TD likewise was always boring. ScT really did stale with its new invite policy.
    Alright.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345