Thread: ~ FAKE giveaways! ~

Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by ulun64 View Post
    Ban them and also their IP address.
    if they are static

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    if they are static
    Well at least if they register again they have to wait 30 days to access the invite section again. And of course they will have dynamic IPs. How many of you actually have static IP addresses?

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    seh's Avatar ______________ BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    if they are static
    How many of you actually have static IP addresses?
    i do

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    drgnomb's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I know I'm still a bit of a noob, but it seems to me that these fake giveaways are not much more than an annoyance. Making sure everyone who wins gets their invite is hard enough, but then having to post a list of winners...not to mention the bickering that might result if users see who beat them out. Besides, the really obvious fakes are just going to be skipped over anyway.

It's going to be impossible to stop people from having several accounts and faking giveaways, but we should really be concerned about what WhoopDeDoo pointed out. What if this is a way to gather emails? If anything is done about this problem, it should be for our protection rather than to simply avoid an annoyance. Maybe instead there should be a way to mark fakers so no one deals with them. At the extreme, there could be a requirement to show the invites on an up to date screenshot, but that might discourage people from doing giveaways.

Maybe there's nothing more we can do other than be careful who we give our emails to and warn others when we think we've spotted a fake?

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    n00b BT Rep: +5
    Like someone mentioned above, how does one announce winners of good trackers ? What if they have spies around. I gave away an invite to someone who registered at the tracker with the same username he has here. That way we could both have been caught quite easily.
    Genuine givers should not be scared away as they are the ones who help others start out with torrenting. I got oink, bitme and bitmetv for free with no ratio proofs, no nothing.
    I also do not have much respect for those who request at almost each and every giveaway thread. What do they intend to do with the accounts anyway ? Trade them away ?
    I'd posted this giveaway thread a few days ago https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ck-time-201236
    Not too many people have shown interest. This could because the thread is titled in such a way that it does not seem like a giveaway thread.
    If they do not want to take the trouble to open and read the thread then they not deserve to be invited.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    For me:

fake giveaways = ban
    Bye

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    silhouette you can always ask the winner of your giveaway to register to the tracker under a different alias than his FST alias.

Even if you don't announce the winner, a spy could find out that you invited someone from a giveaway, if you are both using the same aliases here and on that particular tracker.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    what about this thread
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...iveaway-201359

supertorrent with 1tb giveawy !! who won it ??

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    knio you are right!
    Account gone (to the extraterrestrials), and thread closed before anyone asks further questions about the winner!...

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    thegoan's Avatar Goa-Heaven on earth BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    previously i used to hangout at realpoor... looking for TT or TR (specificily) and almost everyother thread said tt/tr available... i was like dayum dude.. i need to get me one... so i pm'ed a few guys... and got screwed 3 times. twice for bitmetv and once for oink... the last time he actually said he sent the invitation and even showed me a screenshot of the msg (the deal was 2 bitmetv's for 1 TT) so i sent him 1 invitre and waited for the confirmation mail to arrive.. needless to say it didnt pm'ed him .. he kept sayin it takes time so just hang on... next day still nothing... by then someone else also got screwed by the same guy ... i guess the only consolation was i didnt send the 2nd invite... but whats even more pissin me off is these guys just keep the account alive. no activity on it. atleaset if they were to use it i mean up / down something then they would actually be helping out the community. some of the ppl actually use the invite i sent.. but these last 3 ppl just sit there hoggin up space... i wish there was a way to delete these accounts that get invited by us.

as for giveaways... its aways a good idea ... shit ... i have like atleast 20-30 invites combined still sitting... i would like to give some away but not to some asshole who will just sell it to another guy... screw that....
    You are reading my signature!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast