Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hosting-ie

sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by 0110 View Post
    I uploaded about 300 gb in one night on SweDVDR for example.
    Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that
    Most likely referring to Hosting-ie. Leeware is terrible though. You uploaded about 4.8 TB thats great and all but you had to download 1.1 TB! Thats only a little over 4 Ratio which is terrible for a seedbox. Think about it this way, do you know how long you would have to sit in front of that box sitting there deleting old torrents and popping in fresh ones? Even with RSS you have to go through and delete stale torrents (only 20 gigs of space). Huge waste of time. With a decent dedicated box you can pretty much set it and forget it. Check once a day at most and easily get 10+ ratio without breaking a sweat. I have leeware, I know what I am talking about. You have to babysit the thing all day, gets terrible overall routing as well. Works good on sites like TorrentLeech, ST, RevTT (ones with lots of users and not many seedbox users). Terrible at places like FTN, SCT etc, it gets overwhelmed by the Vectoral, Leasweb, Softlayer users.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by sense View Post
    Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that
    Most likely referring to Hosting-ie. Leeware is terrible though. You uploaded about 4.8 TB thats great and all but you had to download 1.1 TB! Thats only a little over 4 Ratio which is terrible for a seedbox. Think about it this way, do you know how long you would have to sit in front of that box sitting there deleting old torrents and popping in fresh ones? Even with RSS you have to go through and delete stale torrents (only 20 gigs of space). Huge waste of time. With a decent dedicated box you can pretty much set it and forget it. Check once a day at most and easily get 10+ ratio without breaking a sweat. I have leeware, I know what I am talking about. You have to babysit the thing all day, gets terrible overall routing as well. Works good on sites like TorrentLeech, ST, RevTT (ones with lots of users and not many seedbox users). Terrible at places like FTN, SCT etc, it gets overwhelmed by the Vectoral, Leasweb, Softlayer users.
    you got the point

That's exactly what i do

All the time sit in front of my pc and watch the box and put new Torrents

that's take almost all my time

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    InTooDeep's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I uploaded about 300 gb in one night on SweDVDR for example.
    Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that
    I was referring to hosting-ie...

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sense View Post
    Leeware is terrible though. You uploaded about 4.8 TB thats great and all but you had to download 1.1 TB! Thats only a little over 4 Ratio which is terrible for a seedbox. Think about it this way, do you know how long you would have to sit in front of that box sitting there deleting old torrents and popping in fresh ones? Even with RSS you have to go through and delete stale torrents (only 20 gigs of space). Huge waste of time. With a decent dedicated box you can pretty much set it and forget it. Check once a day at most and easily get 10+ ratio without breaking a sweat. I have leeware, I know what I am talking about. You have to babysit the thing all day, gets terrible overall routing as well. Works good on sites like TorrentLeech, ST, RevTT (ones with lots of users and not many seedbox users). Terrible at places like FTN, SCT etc, it gets overwhelmed by the Vectoral, Leasweb, Softlayer users.
    very, very true

i understand how 0110 is achieving his stats now. lots of hard work.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Bandwidth Slut
    Anyone using the hosting-ie "VDS Raptor 1+" ? as it seems like a pretty good deal for $49.00us with free windoze. If I'm reading the specs right you split 2X100Mbit three ways on that package? and how much "unlimited" b/w can you actually use before they throttle you?

What kind of FTP speeds can I get to the us from their boxes?

Thanks for any info as I've always used dedicated boxes, but now I'm broke Dick LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123