Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Book 5 Discussion

can some1 plz ans my question in the last post i made on the forum??

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Well I've read Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets about three times a piece. I only read Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire once.

Order of the Phoenix talks a lot about book 3 and book 4, so that's how I caught up on a lot of stuff from those books...

ie. In Order of the Phoenix, Hermione lectures Harry on taking too many risks, or something, and as an example, refers to Goblet of Fire, when Harry ate some seaweed to get gills, and he saved some chick from drowning during the TriWizard tournament.

See, I had forgotten all about that until I read that little snippet.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Originally posted by 123@11 July 2003 - 05:40
    damn, how can u guys remember anything from the previous books? (except the overall story) they came out a yr ago, and, well, i guess i've just had a really busy yr since i read the 4th book, but wow, u guys remember a lot of stuff.

p.s. this might b a stupid question, but how do u know all these stuff about j.k. rowling and wut she said about her books?
    We read newspapers and see reports on the net about JK Rowling...or I do anyway! She's always in the newspapers cos she is a famous scottish person!

I remember a lot of things...dunno how tho! I guess it's cos I've re-read the books so many times...

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    I predict two things (The second one isn't very likely):

A: JK will pause for 2 years or so and then will come out with some After-School series. I mean, think about it - $40 Mil for 4 books, movies and merchindice. I think she will continue for in 'the quest for more money' thery. (Another note: I think that the after school series will not be liked nearly as well)

--And possibly--

B: Harry dies

Anyway, just my thoughts on the issue...

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@12 July 2003 - 17:50
    I remember a lot of things...dunno how tho! I guess it's cos I've re-read the books so many times...
    heh, i've only read them once each, can't c myself reading a book more than once, especially now when i dun even have time to read some books i wanna read once

ok, except textbooks, i havta reread some info a lot of times to understand

6. Lounge   -   #66
    found that on yahoo 2day, about the movies:

Release Date Notes: (3/23/03) Because of the length of this fourth 'Harry Potter' novel (734 pages), there have been reports that it may actually be produced as two separate films at the same time (like Lord of the Rings and the Matrix sequels) and then released in the same year. Warner Bros. has made no official annoucements yet about a year of release, but because the films are being made quickly while the kids are still kids, 2005 seems the most likely target. The third film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is scheduled for release in June, 2004. (7/5/03) In conjunction with the media hype for the fifth book, a Warner Bros. spokesperson recently announced that the target release for this movie is November, 2005.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    interesting!!

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Can i just say harry potter 1 + 2 did not pass the one billion dollar mark, its comes in 10th of the most money made from a film. the two of them put together did not beat titanic.
    I like harry potter, but lord of thr rings kicks ass all over it.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Originally posted by Got_brains?@12 July 2003 - 19:45
    I predict two things (The second one isn't very likely):

A: JK will pause for 2 years or so and then will come out with some After-School series. I mean, think about it - $40 Mil for 4 books, movies and merchindice. I think she will continue for in 'the quest for more money' thery. (Another note: I think that the after school series will not be liked nearly as well)

--And possibly--

B: Harry dies

Anyway, just my thoughts on the issue...
    $40 million for 4 books, think again mate it was about close to 1 billion in euro's, now thats a shit load.

Get the facts straight before tring to convince people

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Orangemole
    3 years about... the book was mediocre. She spends most of her time instead of writing the book, pushing merchandise and the movie. The movie was good but I'd much rather a better book!
    JK that money grubbing woman... better write a better #6.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast