Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with road runner?

SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I'm using the regular one (30 bucks per month for like 2 years)..

I put the max connections up (32), and there is no connection errors with roadrunner.. until at night for some reason. I tried to download a DVDr movie from newsgroups, and when I went to check this morning (I'm at work right now), the ones that weren't downloading last night all had connection errors..

Also, when I was downloading Mission Impossible III from Merlins-Portal, 3 "articles were not found." =\
    No Whining

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    i used to get 600-800 but for about a month now it's been right around 100-200. i'd really like to know why. i'm thinking about calling them on monday.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    -------------- BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    yea. i think they cap their news-servers somehow when you use use them alot. i remember my speed went down when i was downloading loads of 360 games but it went back to normal after i didnt download for a while.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrival View Post
    yea. i think they cap their news-servers somehow when you use use them alot. i remember my speed went down when i was downloading loads of 360 games but it went back to normal after i didnt download for a while.
    It may depend on where you're located. I know in Austin, there was no cap, though the speeds were rather inconsistent.

yo

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Athlon64 View Post
    20 connections! WHAT THE FUCK!

Not that I don't believe you but I'm going to dig around a little and see if I can find any info on this. I can only get 4 and if I try anymore they always fail. I'm sure if I had at least 8 I could max out my connection.
    Correcto Mundo! Roadrunner here just sent me an email advising the improvements done to their newsgroup and speeds. So I cleared my cache and unsubscribed and then subscribed and walla. Speeds doubled and I went from 12 connections to 20 connections.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    I am in west texas, and with alt.binz, and connections between 5-10, I always max at EXACTLY 600kb. I can get way faster speeds with torrent, but why bother. Roadrunner is awesome, and I hope they leave their service untouched because right now it rocks. I also noticed that I have 120 day retention time which is great.

I also thought speeds were handled by newshosting, not roadrunner throttling, but just guessing.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    I MAX OUT AROUND 30-40MBbps

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    Hello guys, I live in NYC , manhattan and I have road runner cable service.
    Could u please tell me hat is the server address that I should use for the newsgroup ?
    Is this one :

news-server.nyc.rr.com

Do I need sone username:password , because for the regular internet connection I do not use any us:passw ??

Is still fast ??

thank u

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    Hello guys, I live in NYC , manhattan and I have road runner cable service.
    Could u please tell me hat is the server address that I should use for the newsgroup ?
    Is this one :

news-server.nyc.rr.com

Do I need sone username:password , because for the regular internet connection I do not use any us:passw ??

Is still fast ??

thank u
    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11264 you're right about the address. And you probably need an id and password, which will be the same one for your email address for roadrunner, if there even if one...In my case with verizon dsl i don't need id or password to connect to the internet, but if I would chose to install their programs it also signs you up or logs you in.

If you get it working, can you post back your success, such as oldest files on servers and the speeds your getting...at the moment i get speeds ranging form 80-340kb/s ( which i guess depends on server load, and retention is only 9 days...So if RR has better newsgroups I'd wanna switch right away.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    Ok , I tryied the server , but with no username and paasford and my speed decresed a lot in compoarison with my pay premium server.

With free rr , I get 75kBps
    with pay server I get 399 KBps and much more

I was wondering what are the speed of the other rr user

thank u

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast