Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal problem, Got solution?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The whole thing is a bit of a mishmash.

The monthly limits are what determines whether it needs to be a business account.

The £43 is an average figure based on the turnover v period.

The money laundering details are to comply with the EU regulations. I suspect they are going to report him to the authorities because they are suspicious about how the account is used and want to get more details. That's an entirely different issue from the personal / business thing.
    Last edited by JPaul; 08-18-2007 at 04:19 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_marlow View Post
    Maybe sort of stating they favorise americans was a little harsh, But americans do have it easier to verify accounts etc, Maybe its the government that dictate that though, Who knows.

I was talking to an american friend who has a business account and he told me to get his business account he only needed a tax number, which was obtainable by a quick phone call to the government offices.
    The tax id number is the same thing..... businesses have them. So you're saying he had to do the same as you, have something to prove it is a business so he can pay proper taxes.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    So you're saying he had to do the same as you, have something to prove it is a business so he can pay proper taxes.
    This is the thing, I dont own a business and i dont want to. Money i make is from selling stuff.

So now people will say "If your selling stuff, You should be paying tax", But no i shouldn`t.

I work and get paid, I pay tax on that money. I buy stuff with money i have already been taxed on and when im bored of it, I will resell at a loss of the price i paid obviously, As it is then "Second hand".

For me to pay tax on selling things that i have bought with money thats already had tax took out anyway is just plain retarded imo.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    If you're selling at a loss then I agree.

However it's really the The Revenue you would need to convince about that.

You're right tho' it's probably that you're getting reported for rather than money laundering.

Which is probably better if you think about it.

Wonder why they mentioned laundering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12