Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 200kbps>? Fact Or Jokes?

Poster
    i have a 3.4 Meg Cable ISP and i downloaded Hitman 2 off Bittorrent at a steady 350KB/s and hit above 400KB/s some of the time. i have gone up to 300 on Kazaa Lite so those speeds are very possible given u have that kind of ISP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    Shows how much you lot know, 374KB/s does not mean 374Kbps. There was this time I downloaded 1.2MB/s for like 3 seconds.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Shows how much you lot know, 374KB/s does not mean 374Kbps. There was this time I downloaded 1.2MB/s for like 3 seconds. 
    Yeah, everyone knows, 378KB/s is 2992kbps. You're on 512kbps download ADSL. I doubt you were getting roughly 4 times as much bandwith as you pay for, even for a short period of time. And there is definitely no way you were downloading at 1.2MB/s (roughly 18 times you the speed you are paying for ) for even only 3 seconds, like someone explained earlier, the speeds displayed, especially at the beginning of a download, or for a small file, cannot be taken as accurate.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by Amarjit@17 July 2003 - 10:18
    fuckin retard i know i can never download at 3.4 Megs jackass if u think that then u need brain surgery. the most i have downloaded at was 550 KB/s i ran one of thos test to show how fast u can download a webpage and i got 2020 KB/s know what ur talking about before opening ur ass and talking thru it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Right now lets look at that picture!!! Right I have a 1mb cable from ntl in the UK, for the first 500kbs it ranges from 500 - 300kb/s after that it will settle at your proper speed. What you guys are reporting are your first 10 - 20 seconds where the speed looks as if its going really fast. You can tell your proper speed from downloading a 1mb or above file so Amarjit your modem isnt really cool and its not really fast because you will not stay at that speed longer than 20 seconds

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Right now lets look at that picture!!! Right I have a 1mb cable from ntl in the UK, for the first 500kbs it ranges from 500 - 300kb/s after that it will settle at your proper speed. What you guys are reporting are your first 10 - 20 seconds where the speed looks as if its going really fast. You can tell your proper speed from downloading a 1mb or above file so Amarjit your modem isnt really cool and its not really fast because you will not stay at that speed longer than 20 seconds

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Ok..well i have hit 400 sometime with 1.5mb dsl...which i know shouldnt happen but often does ...from websites i can get a steady 300kb/s...but my max should be like 188..but you CAN reach those increadible speeds
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    hey how do u make kazaa downloads go faster
    i really wanna know
    cos i have ntl:home broadband 256 and its always on average 15kb/s.
    HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Look in the faqs and the tips section to see how to get the best speeds in kazaa. But 32k is ur max u will not get better than it on Kazaa. Bigdawgs speeds are because of web page compression (Kazaa files cannot be compressed in the same manner) and incorrect reporting of speeds as has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234