Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Please ban account Trading''

I think you should check out this thread.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    I don't see how people get away with trading accounts. If I login from an IP in California and then login from an account in England...uhh...isn't that like a easy way to see something isn't exactly right? I know admins stay busy, but don't they log traceroute info?
    but you could login from england on a seedbox, it doesn't mean that the account has changed owner

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    V For Vendetta's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by betty2007 View Post
    I think you should check out this thread.
    did i said that i was not an account trader ??
    I have lived experiment , and i discovered that i took the wrong turn so i wanna warn all with that thread before they became Regret
    can you Check most of my trade threads pls ?
    -V

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I feel a bit like a broken record saying this but... yes, please ban account trading

There are a lot of good reasons that I'm not going to repeat here, but one of the most important ones is out of respect for FST...

When I first came here there wasn't any account trading that I can recall (if I remember right it wasn't allowed) and the whole trading thing was a lot more chilled out. IMHO stopping account trading is in the best interest of every honest member of this board.

I don't want to say too much more as FST staff are well aware of how I feel about trading ...in the end it's their decision and I'm going to stick around regardless because I have a lot of fun with my friends here, but saying it one more time can't hurt can it? Account trading is poison.

Nice sentiments V...I'm not going to change my sig but that's just because I like the one I've got but I wholeheartedly support you campaign. Keep it up

EDIT:

p.s. V, it's never too late to realise you made a mistake
    Last edited by sear; 09-06-2007 at 04:56 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Btw, invite trading is not trading at all. It's just one man sending an invite as a "thank you" to another. Just like some sites thank their members for donations

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    Btw, invite trading is not trading at all. It's just one man sending an invite as a "thank you" to another. Just like some sites thank their members for donations
    that's pretty funny.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I would like the views of the FST staff here....particularly those who are BT mods.

Whilst myself and numerous others are against trading in general there seems to be a growing number of users who would like account trading banned here.

Consider the following:

• It is against the terms and conditions of every private tracker to trade an account - you are disrespecting every tracker by letting that happen here.
    • Most of the trades that involve scams seem to be account trading - it would make life easier for the staff here to actually ban it.
    • It is a BitTorrent Invites section.

I know some of the older members are just getting pissed off with it all but if you'd prefer to have the snotty nosed kids that do all the account trading here then that's up to you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    RaPPeR's Avatar (¯\( o_0)/¯) BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    the rule is comprehensive to the invites 2 .
    read my thread carefully , i said trade them with the users who you trused , don't invite people who you don't know may be he is a Cheater and will effect on the whole invites tree
    -V
    no . you dont get it .
    trusted or not trusted , trading is trading .
    doesnt matter with whom or for what .
    if invites trading is allowed so trading accounts should be allowed .
    invites are given to you , for u to invite a friend of yours .
    not to give them away or trade them. with someone you dont know.
    if you trust him , you can give him for free.
    Last edited by RaPPeR; 09-06-2007 at 05:35 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Invite trading, account trading. Both are bad. It is harmful to the torrent community as a whole and disrespectful to the rules of the tracker.

How many trackers out there are saying....trade our accounts please!! I'm sure a small minority really don't care, or don't act to punish users who do this; but most do -- and they proclaim it loud and clear when you join/sign-in/read their forums, rules etc etc etc.

There are only two ways to honourably join a torrent site. By receiving an invite that you plan on using for yourself because you want to join that site, or through open signups.

To obtain entry to a site from account trading, or invite trading is breaking their rules and reflects someone who is acting in an impatient and selfish manner.

Lest we forget that torrent sites are private communities that have every right to define for themselves who they want as a member and under what circumstance. Membership is not an entitlement for anyone who feels like belonging. It is not a right. It is instead a privilege. For those who are too impatient. What is the rush!!!!

Sorry for the strong language, but this issue has been discussed many many times on this board and the same messages are put out there.

As sear's sig line above says...BT trading puts us all at risk. And if people are too short-sighted to see the implications of this statement than be ready to see the dying off of BT communities.

There...that's my cranky statement of the day!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    V For Vendetta's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by RaPPeR View Post
    read my thread carefully , i said trade them with the users who you trused , don't invite people who you don't know may be he is a Cheater and will effect on the whole invites tree
    -V
    no . you dont get it .
    trusted or not trusted , trading is trading .
    doesnt matter with whom or for what .
    if invites trading is allowed so trading accounts should be allowed .
    invites are given to you , for u to invite a friend of yours .
    not to give them away or trade them. with someone you dont know.
    if you trust him , you can give him for free.
    i see dude , but you missed Something
    most of the trackers were allows Trading invites as i road in the big old threads , they Forbidden Trade account/invites when its Spreaded

Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    Invite trading, account trading. Both are bad. It is harmful to the torrent community as a whole and disrespectful to the rules of the tracker.

How many trackers out there are saying....trade our accounts please!! I'm sure a small minority really don't care, or don't act to punish users who do this; but most do -- and they proclaim it loud and clear when you join/sign-in/read their forums, rules etc etc etc.

There are only two ways to honourably join a torrent site. By receiving an invite that you plan on using for yourself because you want to join that site, or through open signups.

To obtain entry to a site from account trading, or invite trading is breaking their rules and reflects someone who is acting in an impatient and selfish manner.

Lest we forget that torrent sites are private communities that have every right to define for themselves who they want as a member and under what circumstance. Membership is not an entitlement for anyone who feels like belonging. It is not a right. It is instead a privilege. For those who are too impatient. What is the rush!!!!

Sorry for the strong language, but this issue has been discussed many many times on this board and the same messages are put out there.

As sear's sig line above says...BT trading puts us all at risk. And if people are too short-sighted to see the implications of this statement than be ready to see the dying off of BT communities.

There...that's my cranky statement of the day!
    agree !
    but we can not make all steps From the first time
    the goal is make FST is a loved Community between the Torrent sites , then the deals will be decided what to do next
    -V
    Last edited by V For Vendetta; 09-06-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast