Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Console

Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    PS has lots of very good RPGs that don't come to PC, most of the FF series, Suikoden, and a bunch of Japanese games that are not PC friendly.

I used to be a computer gamer, but I couldn't keep upgrading because of costs and when I upgraded, my old games would usually not run anymore. I turned to consoles because I prefer playing with friends when they come over and when I go to their places. I online game once in a while, but you really can't game in person on a PC with friends unless you set up a LAN - but how many people could go through the trouble for that?

You can't beat 4-6 people in the same room around the same TV going nuts about the final super smash battle or timesplitters match or nhl game

Plus, I like playing games on my 42 inch tv as opposed to one of my friend's 21 inch monitor. I have friends with a 46, 42, 52, 60, and 61 inch tvs, so much nicer
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

2. Games   -   #12
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    again both side have their own advantages and features but what concern me is a 50-200$ per game, as i said hacking consoles to play game backups are very hard and take too much effort, if there was a easier way i couldn't care less, 500$ is a reasonable risk.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Games   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    from past few days ive been reading articles and theories about console and pc's and i came to conclusion that:

pc's are far superior to Consoles both graphic and game library wise(its has far more game then any console, which proves Busyman wrong),

Wrong. I never said PCs have a smaller game library. Also PCs are not wayy ahead of consoles in graphics.

ive seen more game floating around for pc then console on all online shops,

Agreed. Anyone can make a PC game. This says nothing of it's quality (not saying consoles have mostly quality games either).

from several screen shots comparison i can see the in game graphic details on consoles are some-what to way-behind PC.

Again. PC does not demolish consoles in graphics. I'm sure Gears Of War will look better on the PC. However, it will not be wayyy better.

from cracking wise pc is one Exe file away while hacking an Xbox360 needs massive effort, risk and resources.

Agreed

PC is more preferred for online gaming.

Agreed depending on what you wanna play.

PC is more preferred for FPS.

Agreed because of mouse control. However, I hear the PS3 has mouse control now.

Role Playing game are mostly played on PC.

Agreed. There are more of them on PC (plus WOW).

the only advantage console got is lag-free gaming due to it being specialized for gaming.
    Wrong.

Console has an advantage in multiple areas.

1. Easier to integrate into any TV setup.

I'm going on a business trip next week and I think I'll bring my 360 with me to play in the hotel room. I would need an ultra powerful laptop to play games competently on this trip or lug a tower that has a TV out to hook to the hotel TV.

It's also hard as fuck to find a decent PC setup to put in my entertainment system with a 65" HDTV. I don't wanna play games on a 32" monitor.

This is one of the main reasons PCs suck for gaming. I WANT to play games on PC but it's a bitch to play them in the same sweet setup that I already play consoles on.

2. The games start with no tweaking.

PC gamers will consider this a con. However, consider that a console gamer doesn't worry about install problems and crashes and I don't have to adjust for my graphics card.

3. Game selection.

I'm not talking number of games. I'm talking about what the games are.

For the reasons above, folks don't flock to the PC for games. Therefore most of the great games don't come out for PC. You get some good ones but it depends on the genre. If you are into RPGs then the PC is great. It'll also get some great console games at the end of their console cycle (GTA III, Halo, etc).

Even on the horizon, the PC is not that great for killer app type games.

Project Offset and Crysis are the main ones I can think of.

A PC-only gamer will miss most of the great games that come out in the market or in some cases play them 6 months or more later.

4. Games   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'd upgrade my graphics card if I was you Bawa, especially as you seem to be an FPS player and the PC is king in this genre. But really, learn to accept that you can't always play games with all settings to max. Something like Oblivion with all graphics settings maxed out, HDR on and AA forced on caused my then top of the range graphics card to stutter (games are scaleable above current technology . . .) when it first came out.

Bioshock would lag if I were to force AA too high on my current set-up but it worries me not one bit that I'm missing out on a slight increase in graphical quality because of this.

If you're a graphics whore then the consoles are going to look a bit sketchy next year anyhow against the DX10 cards with the release of games like Crysis, Hellgate and Alan Wake. The flipside is you can't play games in the genre of God of War, Zelda or pretty much any decent fighting games (Tekken, Smackdown Vs Raw) on the PC.

If you figure a way of getting your console of choice modded safely then it becomes a much more attractive proposition. Otherwise you're going to have about 3 games for your PS3/360 and a shite PC . . .

5. Games   -   #15
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    upgrade my card then upgrade some more, man thats a killer specially when you wait for a newly graphic card to drop in price and then buy it only to see after a month or so new requirements surface's up.
    i was in console gaming since 1990's i was a huge fan of arcade fighting at beginning of my gaming, games like King of Fighters and street fighter, i totally miss them but as i said they are like 20% or more of console price if you go for original. i still got like 200 backup cd's of PS and around 100 of DC, i used to get beaten to hell by my old man because i used to play them 24/7, he even throw my consoles few times so hard but poor things never broke
    so cheese what you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360? they say xbox360 is cheaper because you must buy most of what PS3 offer separately things like rechargeable batteries.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Games   -   #16
    You are also forgetting that after upgrading your card, you will eventually have to upgrade your PC to be able to use the latest card.

It sounds kinda fucked up but at least the PC (as long as you put out the money) can always stay a tad bit ahead of consoles.

If not for DX10, the gap would have been nullified.

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    upgrade my card then upgrade some more, man thats a killer specially when you wait for a newly graphic card to drop in price and then buy it only to see after a month or so new requirements surface's up.
    i was in console gaming since 1990's i was a huge fan of arcade fighting at beginning of my gaming, games like King of Fighters and street fighter, i totally miss them but as i said they are like 20% or more of console price if you go for original. i still got like 200 backup cd's of PS and around 100 of DC, i used to get beaten to hell by my old man because i used to play them 24/7, he even throw my consoles few times so hard but poor things never broke
    so cheese what you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360? they say xbox360 is cheaper because you must buy most of what PS3 offer separately things like rechargeable batteries.
    You've got that last part backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I'd upgrade my graphics card if I was you Bawa, especially as you seem to be an FPS player and the PC is king in this genre. But really, learn to accept that you can't always play games with all settings to max. Something like Oblivion with all graphics settings maxed out, HDR on and AA forced on caused my then top of the range graphics card to stutter (games are scaleable above current technology . . .) when it first came out.

Bioshock would lag if I were to force AA too high on my current set-up but it worries me not one bit that I'm missing out on a slight increase in graphical quality because of this.

If you're a graphics whore then the consoles are going to look a bit sketchy next year anyhow against the DX10 cards with the release of games like Crysis, Hellgate and Alan Wake. The flipside is you can't play games in the genre of God of War, Zelda or pretty much any decent fighting games (Tekken, Smackdown Vs Raw) on the PC.

If you figure a way of getting your console of choice modded safely then it becomes a much more attractive proposition. Otherwise you're going to have about 3 games for your PS3/360 and a shite PC . . .

Good post.

I disagree with your last sentence though....well maybe the PS3.

A lot of games I thought that I would buy right away, I am never going to buy unless there is a price drop. Heavenly Sword and Lair sound like busts to me. I thought Heavenly Sword would be like God Of War but it doesn't seem to be better than the PS2 game.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-14-2007 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Games   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Heavenly Sword demo review I like: http://allgamesradio.ning.com/video/...33:Video:37379

8. Games   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Thanks for that.

Yeah the combat in HS doesn't seem satisfying like GOW.

Great graphics though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Funnily enough I played God of War for the first time last night (had to rent it as pirating it is problematic due to it being a DVD9). Such a good, brutal game.

Pulling the wings off of harpies > *

10. Games   -   #20
    Funnily enough I played God of War for the first time last night (had to rent it as pirating it is problematic due to it being a DVD9). Such a good, brutal game.

Pulling the wings off of harpies > *
    It's odd that that game is kind of a button masher yet I never got tired of the combat.

I normally hate games like that which is why I'm not going to front $60 for Heavenly Sword.

I now have Resistance: Fall Of Man. Now that's a great game that's worth the money.

So that's a whole 1 game I have for the PS3.

I was so right in selling all the PS3s I got at launch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast