Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: hosting-ie multiple IP and utorrent issue

Member BT Rep: +1
    webui has nothing to do with it.. i just want utorrent to report my second ip to the tracker instead of the first

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Me. All me BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Btw if you bind it successful in utorrent it doesn't mean that firefox use the same ip for port-test...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by NisseArne View Post
    Btw if you bind it successful in utorrent it doesn't mean that firefox use the same ip for port-test...
    Nope, sure doesn't. Thew me for a loop for a bit when I first worked this out.

But, and while I'm not trying to slant SgtMajor or his help at all, the link I posted was precisely what I needed to get four separate instances of utorrent going on four different IPs.

No, the latter three wouldn't work with the utorrent Port Test checker as it'd be hitting the IP of the first instance (the "main" one and that which FF was running "on"), but just setting the vxnet0 Network Connection properties TCP/IP properties IP address to whichever IP would allow the check in FF (although that's a bit of overkill considering all the ports all wide open anyway, barring blockage by the windows FW).

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    so your saying i should get this error on the 2nd instance\ip?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Yes, if you're using the utorrent "Test if..." button from instance #2 on second IP.

You'll find that the IP you're trying to use in utorrent #2 isn't the one displayed in the screenshot, but rather the IP of utorrent #1, right?

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    correct.. thats what had me thinking this whole time it wasnt working..
    wish i had known this 2pages ago lol..
    i thought utorrent was trying to pass the binded ip to the port check page, obviously not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234