Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good Place to find Classic Movie (1930s - 1960s)

Ah, indeed. No way to get around member-posted content.. too bad, but I'll bet you'll find a great selection of films w/o hassling to read the description. Most (well, many) of the videos there are vanillia divx/xvid rips with Bulgarian SRT (subtitle) files. You can enjoy those just fine (just don't load the subs).

I didn't mean to put you to the point over your upspeed, but rather meant to ask if you'd prefer non-private trackers/sites that you can get away with a terrible ratio at (like Demonoid was/is, though "private"). I forgot to include a question mark though... sorry 'bout that.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Kaoblanco: My mistake, rather ignorant in terms of that. Well I tried it but the problem is say if I search up a torrent, it still give me Bulgarian in description again !

I love Karagarga but like I have said many time, my upload cap with 10 kb is eatting me alive with the ratio upkeep. I can download fast like 200-400kb no problem, but my ISP just hates people with upload and therefore kept it with traffic shaping.
    KG has a generous bonus system for people who keep seeding the torrents after leeching, so you should be able to get a good ratio if you keep seeding.

Also, cinema-obscura is a great site for classics, and if I remember correctly, the ratio requirements are > 0.1.
    PM me if you need help joining.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    I would love to hook you up, but I can't even send out invite at this moment.
    Thanks anyway for that. Good luck with your search.

Though I am pretty sure there are tons of people here on this forum that has invite to that site.
    I hope you are right. There are many members who seem to be helpful and generous, but maybe I am still considered too new to be trusted yet.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Kaoblanco: No worry man; so I suppose if I can dig up the movie, most likely it would be English dub with Bulgarian sub? if so I will definitely take a look again when I get home tonight.

pro267: I have been told many time on KG forum and even the IRC chat that their upload and ratio keeping is rather low as compare to many other site. Though the problem is that usually you are require to download something thats totally irrelevant and use it to help on upload ratio (because the site stated that anyone below 3 gig upload margin upload their own torrent). In addition my problem still presist even with irreleveant download because of the upload cap from my ISP.

I am at work now and I kept my computer on for the day to see how many upload I can squeeze for the day. During the course of last night, even with someone jumping on the seed that *only* I was seeding, I can only manage to get around 60 MB of upload... which is simply pathetic consider that anything you can download with someone's leaching desire is roughly > 500 MB.......
    Life could be cruel; but guess what, you have to face it no matter what happens.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    pm me

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Kaoblanco: No worry man; so I suppose if I can dig up the movie, most likely it would be English dub with Bulgarian sub?
    Well, movies produced in English peaking countries wouldn't be dubbed, they'd have their original English language track. I suppose that's what you mean, though.

pro267: I have been told many time on KG forum and even the IRC chat that their upload and ratio keeping is rather low as compare to many other site. Though the problem is that usually you are require to download something thats totally irrelevant and use it to help on upload ratio (because the site stated that anyone below 3 gig upload margin upload their own torrent).
    Well, KG's okay in that respect but not as lenient as one might think.

Granted, the ratio reqs are low at first (during your first 25 gigs) with only 0.2 needed. But that's the same as Oink and many others. Once you get to using the site alot, they require a 0.7 ratio as compared to a 0.5 ratio on say BitMeTV or TL.

Mind you, KG's policies are very reasonable. But I'd not consider their ratio reqs low compared to others (though there are indeed trackers with higher reqs, like RevTT at 0.8).

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Well I just find it really problematic by the fact that you cannot upload anything you have if you don't have a 3 gig upload ~_~.

Mind I just manage to get pass the probation of 0.1 margin last nite by seeding this movie that was posted recently........ I was lucky cause the whole download group was not fast and therefore it gives me more than enough time to upload for that torrent.......
    Life could be cruel; but guess what, you have to face it no matter what happens.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234