4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Yo Bitch.....Congrats!
    there is nothing more to add

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Congrats whomever you are. Cant say ive really seen you around before.
    (Is this a common way of promoting new staff? aka. promote the ones who arent regular in the section or something?)
    Because you haven't noticed him, he isn't a regular?
    Well due to the fact he posts 1 topic a day avg would mean he has posted in the bt section itself an avg of 2 1/3 times per week.
    Just doesnt seem very active in my opinion.
    Hell ive seen people make more than 10 posts a day trying to trade the same tracker.
    But really it isnt my opinion that matters.
    Just seems very inactive to be made a mod I would have thought promotions were based on participation.

(Notice: Im not saying he isnt a nice person. The point is he isnt active.)
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 10-18-2007 at 06:12 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Well due to the fact he posts 1 topic a day avg would mean he has posted in the bt section itself an avg of 2 1/3 times per week.
    Hell ive seen people make more than 10 posts a day trying to trade the same tracker.
    Just seems very inactive to be made a mod I would have thought promotions were based on participation.

Participation?

You could have someone make hundreds of posts in a day, but that does not mean they are active as such. It just means that they are spamming the board (or more likely trying to trade).

Give me someone who makes one quality post (a bit like me) than someone who posts for post sake.

I would also hazard a guess that Detale is known well to the administrative team here, and that is why he was selected from the many that frequent these forums. They obviously spotted a quality that they felt would benefit this place.

I would finally say that since they administer the site, the administrative team have the final say on who they promote. It's their site, so it is their decision. We have to live with it, good or bad.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    No we actually used a lottery type machine yesterday to randomly draw the next mod and Detale's name came up. It could've been anybody really

It almost werent meant to be though as I initially dropped the first drawn entry on the floor and the wind whisked it away thereafter, as if it was an omen not to pick that guy. So we had to pick again and the rest is fst history.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

Participation?

You could have someone make hundreds of posts in a day, but that does not mean they are active as such. It just means that they are spamming the board (or more likely trying to trade).

Give me someone who makes one quality post (a bit like me) than someone who posts for post sake.

I would also hazard a guess that Detale is known well to the administrative team here, and that is why he was selected from the many that frequent these forums. They obviously spotted a quality that they felt would benefit this place.

I would finally say that since they administer the site, the administrative team have the final say on who they promote. It's their site, so it is their decision. We have to live with it, good or bad.
    Well said.

I might have simply fallen back on the "quality vs. quantity" axiom, but yours works too.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Hi mate! BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Congrats

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    anyway, there will always be people who critic any decisions, that's the way life is ...

this one is a good choice i believe

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast