Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the love of god. Stop making new mp3 sites!

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    The one thing im sure of, is that all the wannabe oink trackers are only destroying the one thing everyone wants.. which is a new Oink.
    (snip)
    what a load of rubbish.
    see what i mean

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ZedZedZed's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by freesky View Post
    who wanna make with me a new moo site ?
    moo.me.uk Because OiNK doesn`t sound right.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The one thing im sure of, is that all the wannabe oink trackers are only destroying the one thing everyone wants.. which is a new Oink.

Why is its so frecking important to run or be a mod at a site?

When there have already been opened 5 Wannabe oink sites, is it really need to open a 6īth,7īth and a 8īth ?
    Stupid kids that needs to be in charge to increase their e-penis..
    For every site that opens the possibility of someone to be able to gather enough members to actually become the next oink decreases.

So you end up with a dozen different sites with 5k members. instead of 1 with 100k.
    And with all the different sites the users have no idea what site to put their effort into.
    Lets face it, Making torrents of a 100gb mp3 collection is a boring and time consuming job. And no one wants to make it twice. So alot of users with HUGE collections are just sitting there, and waiting for someone to take the lead so they know were to put their valuable time into.

Further more the people that have been dealing with torrentsites for a wile know all about overhyped trackers. We have seen way to many rise and then just vanish whit in 3 months.
    Becouse the kids that decide to start them think its going to be a walk in the park. And have no idea how much work that actually required to run a site. And they chose the wrong people to run it with.. Ending up with internal drama. were someone how have spend days coding feeling unappreciated, then get pissed and run of with the entire database.
    There is just way to much that can go wrong if you dont know what you are doing..

So Im asking you, Why do you need to run your own site?
    Aint it more important to get a new site with everything you want on it? Content was the thing that made oink what it was. So what you are doing is only making sure that we are never getting a site like that again.

So im begging you, stop making all the half ass sites that are just thrown up in a few hours, then promoting them 100gb to what ever.

For every site that opens the possibility of a new oink decreases. And if you have no idea what you are doing your site is prolly going to shut down in a few months anyway, so why spend all you valuable time on this. When you can just join a site then go out and have fun with friends.

Edit: tyop which chillincool was so nice to point out
    :sage:

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    (snip)
    what a load of rubbish.
    obviously, if people like yourself aren't part of the solution, then your part of the problem!!!!!!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedZedZed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by freesky View Post
    who wanna make with me a new moo site ?
    moo.me.uk Because OiNK doesn`t sound right.
    sounds good to me

EDIT: moo.me.uk is already registered lol

Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post

obviously, if people like yourself aren't part of the solution, then your part of the problem!!!!!!
    nice lil quote

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

nice lil quote

It would be if it worked
    Unless Unstable1 is running a small oink wannabe tracker, he isn't part of the percieved problem.

I happen to agree though. If there is no "new oink", then there is nothing to destroy, no matter how many little sites pop into existance. Lots of smaller sites are the order of the day anyway, attracting less attention and being harder to pull down in one go.
    Decentralization is a lesson that should have been learnt by all P2Pers repeatedly. It should have been relearnt with every shutdown of networks, servers and sites. Rebuilding a massively centralized single point of failure is plain stupid.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    What do you mean by new OiNK? I think a lot of people are kidding themselves if they think ANY new tracker is going to be 200k+ members anymore. If you mean the same style of music, community, and upload requirements then you already have 2 very good replacements. Otherwise there will be no new OiNK. Why can't people understand this? The time of OiNK has passed move on. Use it as a standard to build new communities, but you have to realize it's gone and will never be back. The reason why new sites keep popping up is the 175k+ members that WERE on OiNK now are homeless. What and Waffles both are going to have smaller userbases. Therefore by the sheer absurdity of 1st grade math you need more sites to have a place for the rest of the OiNKers to go. Each site will have a different style, community, and approach. You are just going to have to find the one that works for you. Home many sites came and went before TL found the right combination? If you happen to be happy with a new site that you found then stfu and let the rest of the people find the one they like. As much as I don't like STMusic theres plenty of people who very happy with it. You don't see me going around complaining about it. How many 0-day trackers show up and then die? Why don't you go complain about those for awhile.
    Last edited by Bo0ddha; 11-02-2007 at 05:28 PM.

<-

8. BitTorrent   -   #28

what a load of rubbish.
    LOL.

two words: decentralisation & hydra.

learn what they mean and you might understand why i said the OP was talking rubbish.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 11-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    couldnt disagree with the OP anymore. what do u think all this hydra talk has been about?
    having lots of smaller sites is MUCH better than having 1 large site. less chance of having a repeat of what happened with oink. if there was 4 or 5 smaller sites, and 1 of them was closed, it wouldnt be such a big deal. but the torrent community had all its music eggs in 1 pink basket, and the closure of oink has hit everyone hard.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    how many users did O have?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast