Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketchup Lovers Worship The Devil!

Originally posted by Skweeky@17 July 2003 - 14:07
    You may have won a battle Ron, but not the war. I'm collecting proof that bolognese is made of people!!!!

You know, it's true. Did u really think people believe those chunks in it are porc?
    So what? It's common knowladge that cathup is made out of cats!!!
    You cant prove that bolognese is made out of people, you can't prove jack shit! When I make my bolognaise, I watch my back, ok? you have no proof!!

2. Lounge   -   #122
    Oh... Ron have you been going on about bolognaise sauce all this time?

Damn! If you'd just said that in the first place - it would have saved me a lot of confusion.

@ superblaat: what's cathup?

3. Lounge   -   #123
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Look and see how Ketchup is being made.... shivers in my vein to see this evil

Now all must be convinced it's evil

4. Lounge   -   #124
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@17 July 2003 - 19:45
    Look and see how Ketchup is being made.... shivers in my vein to see this evil

Now all must be convinced it's evil
    that looks like the tomatoe festival of Galicia in spain if im not mistaken - which i may well be as im not sure exactly where its from.

looks like quite a lot of fun in fact.

5. Lounge   -   #125
    if you wanna help make Ketchup...

But see al those dirty guys... you ain't gonna eat ketchup after seeing this :x

6. Lounge   -   #126
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    On the last Wednesday of August each year an estimated 10,000 people converge on the small Spanish town of Buņol to get down and get dirty.

Nothing strange about that, I mean who doesn't enjoy a little debauchery every now and again. It's just the way in which they get their kicks that makes for a memorable, if sticky experience.

As history spells it out, what began in 1944 as a simple tomato fight between a group of friends in the town's main square - the Plaza del Pueblo - has turned into arguably the worlds largest food fight. Actually, there is very little to argue about.

The festivities begin in the week leading up to La Tomatina with a celebration of the towns' Patron Saint. Fireworks light the heavy summer sky while street parties warm up at ground level. Rose wine flows and the hefty scent of wood fired paella fills the air. Music plays and people dance, a festival in full swing using any definition you care to apply.

But the majority of revelers are here for one thing and one thing alone - the chance to run amok with 90,000 pounds of gooey, squishy fruit - the rest is just a bonus.

Early Wednesday morning as a prelude to the inevitable result of encouraging thousands of people to throw fruit at each other, shopkeepers along the Plaza line their storefronts and doors with plastic sheeting.

Within hours the Town Square is awash with travellers and locals alike. Seasoned veterans mix with wide eyed first timers as more rose wine is passed around and the excitement level grows.

Then at around about noon, a number of trucks carrying the edible red grenades rumble their way into the main Town Square to the unimaginative chant of "tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes" from the now drunken crowd. Not wanting to disappoint the eager hordes, locals known as 'instigators' begin unloading their cargo on the assembled throng from the back of the trucks. And not being the types to take this sort of thing lying down the revelers return fire. So before you know it and totally to plan, you've got a tomato fight on your hands.....and your faces and your backs. You get the picture and what a messy shot it is.

Chivalry slinks out of town for a while as everyone becomes fair game. Red missiles are a dime a dozen, no-one escapes. It all begins and ends within the space of an hour. Little is sacred, although some rules do apply - foremost, tomatoes must be squashed in the hand before hurling. Not unreasonable.

The aftermath looks a little like a latter scene in Carrie. The ground, a fantastic base for the worlds largest Bolognese sauce. As exhausted combatants trudge their way towards temporary showers put in place for the event, the cleanup begins in earnest. And within hours, the Plaza del Pueblo magically returns to its former glory.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #127
    tell u what, ill head to it and let you all know how it went.

8. Lounge   -   #128
    Rat Faced is playing dirty again... Everyone will know cause this is Spain, home for making Ketchup... not Delicious Bolognese... That's Italian

9. Lounge   -   #129
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Hey, I don't mind yummy Spanish men rolling in my tomatoes. Au contraire!!!

Bolognaise on the other hand......they make that in a secret factory, but we're sneaking in!!! And then we'll have proof!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA

10. Lounge   -   #130
    Originally posted by Skweeky@17 July 2003 - 20:23
    I don't mind yummy Spanish men rolling in my tomatoes. Au contraire!!!
    Spanish men on the whole are ugly, fat, smoke too much and have small sized genetalia when compared to other Nationalities....

i dont speak from experience, just....

well, just.....

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast