Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how not to lose accounts for inactivity?

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by silhoutte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    well, most sites DO consider logging in activity.

One thing you can try is writing a script to log in for you. Assuming your cookies haven't expired, this should be fairly simple. I was thinking something along the lines of...
    Code:
    c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox www.TorrentSite1.org www.TorrentSite2.org etc
    ping -n 1 -w 30000 1.2.3.4                              ;wait 30 seconds
    taskkill /f /im firefox.exe                                  ;kill firefox
    save this as a batch file and set it to run once a week in windows scheduled tasks.
    That's a good tip. It works. But how often does it open? When the system is idle? And what about some trackers were we have to log in each time? Is there a away we can automate the sign in process?
    well, if your cookies have expired then I'm out of ideas at the moment. Many trackers employ security measures to prevent automatic login attempts, and for the ones that don't I have no clue.

this would work for me however because I keep the same IP until I reboot my router (or manually renew) and as long as I keep logging in my cookies remain active.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I use this. 'Macro Express 3'. to automate login processes in some not so used trackers by making different bookmark folders in firefox. It works fine unless it messes up with something, usually, messages from my antivirus client or an update message for a program.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    If you have no use for an account, get it deleted. Someone else can join and actually use the site.

If you're going away trekking for three months, it's more understandable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123