Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do sites encourage you to be in irc

Fly'sEyes BT Rep: +5
    thanks for the quality of responses in this thread folks

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by staphofpower View Post
    you get to chat with mpaa and riaa operatives in real time in irc... you get every second updates as the feds drive to your house and bust your door down
    ever heard of a BNC? stfu if you dont know squat

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Yes the Feds only go after the users that use IRC......
    When was the last time you heard of someone getting busted for beeing on irc. Or for that matter when was the last time you heard of anyone getting a visit form the feds for using a Fileserver on irc....

As for getting people in irc, i understand the idea. But i dont think "Bribing" people to hang out in irc is the right way to go. I just look at my self, Im active in most of the irc chans i join by myself, rather than the once that try to get me there by offering me upload credits.
    Dont see the point in having 2000 users on Irc when only 30 of them actually chat.

And irc is a grate way to get help. Im not talking about invites here, im talking about regular help for just about anything. From hardware advice, software help and all the way to your math homework. You would be supriced the ammount of knolage that you can find in 50 people that got some speare time on their hands.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    And irc is a grate way to get help. Im not talking about invites here, im talking about regular help for just about anything. From hardware advice, software help and all the way to your math homework. You would be supriced the ammount of knolage that you can find in 50 people that got some speare time on their hands.
    You don't need to join irc for help, the FTS community has given me advice about both hardware and software with excellent results.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    FTS community giving you good and non sarcastic advice? Blasphemy!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    If no one went into the irc channel then there wouldn't be anyone to kick-ban

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    FTS community giving you good and non sarcastic advice? Blasphemy!
    I never said that all the advice was good or that the sarcasm isn't waist deep.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    for me i only join the irc if they giveing irc idle bonus,if not im not very interesting to be on irc,also if i need some help then i also go,but that is very rare

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i dont see the point in being there though if all you do is sit there for days/weeks/months and never participate.

I would rather have 30 active users in IRC than 100 in there just idling to get a bonus and maybe 10 chatting now and again.

but saying that, we have about 70-80 in Blackcats IRC, maybe 20-30 talk, the others just sit there, and we do not have any bonuses for upload because you are in IRC and we never will either.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Buddha.net's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Whats the IRC for this site, FST?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12