Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: do you download just to upload?

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    When I first join a site I usually try to upload something or grab something I know is going to be popular even if I don't want it just to get a few GB buffer. Once that's done I only download things I want then seed the hell out of them and watch my ratio grow.
    ditto
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    I Lov uploading torrents non stop, i only download sometimes not to much when it comes to downloading am more of a ftp person now
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    sometimes lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    seedbox user
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    When I first join a site I usually try to upload something or grab something I know is going to be popular even if I don't want it just to get a few GB buffer. Once that's done I only download things I want then seed the hell out of them and watch my ratio grow.
    ditto
    and we have a threesome

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I can't say I do much downloading just to get upload, but I do it on occasion. Most of the time I do download stuff I don't really want it's because I need to download something to prevent being deleted for inactivity.

This is off course never a problem on the sites I use more than the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    99% of the material I download from torrent sites are movies/music/apps/etc. that I want/will use. The only time I splurge would be during a free leech period, and even then most of what I acquire are things I want for personal use anyways.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i only download to upload DVDRs and wii games because i know i have no use for them, yet they are popular, because i dont own a wii, nor do i bother burning movies onto dvds, i download to watch everything else, like xvid movies, tv shows
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    - how much of the content you download from trackers do you actually watch/listen to/use/play?
    The only thing I download unfiltered via RSS are small 0day apps and I probably use 1 out of 100 while the rest is deleted without ever acknowledging it. That's more for my own convenience than for ratio building or collectors purposes - the many irregular updates of all kinds of software is hard to keep up with.
    On other topics like ebooks, music, movies or games I only download what I really plan on using. It may not always turn out that way (ie downloading a dvdrip only to delete it when a hd-rip comes along) but I'm no collector of stuff I have no use for, hence I don't download it.

- do you prefer to download as much as possible or upload as much as possible?
    My download volume is plenty ... but limited to bittorrent, I upload more than I download and for large parts of the day with the full capacity too. Especially since I've started taking the largest stuff from the Usenet, my ratios on several trackers have been skyrocketing because I download much less in volume.

- why?
    Because I'm a caring person? Just kidding, but how about you Polarbear?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I download staff that i need, but sometime I use partial seeding to keep ratio up.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    When i get a new site, and have a box can download stuff i dont need to buffer my account. But thats only for new accounts or accounts that needs a buffer.

And i try to keep an rather even ratio between upload and download. But i also like to have a new buffer on most sites around 100gb
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast