Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Accounts being disabled due to Inactivity

Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled...
    What a stupid rule. And I have never even been a member of SCC but just by this fact, I know I (probably) wouldn't like it.

Now imagine, you go on a holiday for a week and there you have to worry to sign in , in order to keep your account. Ha, ha, so not worth it.

Otherwise my account on pisexy was disabled due to inactivity but I haven't logged in for months, I didn't find much to download there anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
    never say never

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatiu View Post
    SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled(User class), unless u are scene power or above than your acc is safe for 42 days
    Does that mean donwload/upload or just browsing every other week?
    u need to log in

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled...
    What a stupid rule. And I have never even been a member of SCC but just by this fact, I know I (probably) wouldn't like it.

Now imagine, you go on a holiday for a week and there you have to worry to sign in , in order to keep your account. Ha, ha, so not worth it.
    that rule is only for user class! higher class dont need to worry abouth that

also if u cant then ask someone to log in every few days if u are on holidays or some other things..that cant be to hard

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I read somewhere on the faq that you can't log in to scc from any computer. Rule is, a person can only have one account with on IP address only. Kinda though to keep if you want to go on vacation.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    I leave 4 or 5 things seeding for a site like that. Seeding always works to keep an account active
    Last edited by slimdogp; 01-17-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Yes, English is my first language, but mine still sucks.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    I leave 4 or 5 things seeding for a site like that. Seeding always works to keep an account active
    Just seeding doesn't work. Some sites require both download and upload for activity.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Can you just "park" your account when you know that you'll be gone for a while?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The only site I know of that requires both Down and up activity is BitMeTV.

Whoever keeps stating that SCC disables people after a week of inactivity is wrong. I was a member there for at least 6 months before reaching PU and there is no way in hell that I logged in every week. I did though at almost all times have something seeding.

My GF didn't use her account for weeks and wasn't deleted either. I think they look more at good user vs. bad user and delete according to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The only site I know of that requires both Down and up activity is BitMeTV.
    what are the specific rules?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kadake View Post
    This question i put to all and any FST members,

What do YOU do as the bare minimum to keep your account alive if your not currently using that tracker.

Now i always thought logging in and browsing site was enough but i was just reading bitme rules and they state the following

but im sure i read on another trackers rules seeding alone is not enough.

Im just curious to what others do.

P.S. Please dont state obvious and say i use all my accounts fully all the time
    Some sites say this... I beleive most of them Ive seen mean basically that you have to download a file to keep the account alive. Doesnt mean every 42 days you need to do a new file... it ussually means just have some download status. They figure if you have 0 downloaded and 0 uploaded your just a browser/trader where if you have acctually used the account you should be fine on most sites.

I beleive SCC disables you if you havent downloaded or uploaded anything within the first week you joined the site. Basically once you dl a file your good to go as far as download/upload... then you would only fall into the inactivity part before getting disabled. (See above)
    i second that
    just download in the first week

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    why would you keep a tracker you are not using ?

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast