Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: This Will Give Ya Chills For Sure

Originally posted by nigel123@1 August 2003 - 00:24
    I believe all life is sacred, be it microbe or a human being.
    so if ALL life is sacred, is human life more sacred than that of a wombat?
    you don't have children, do you? or, do you?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+1 August 2003 - 06:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 &#064; 1 August 2003 - 06:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@1 August 2003 - 00:24
    I believe all life is sacred, be it microbe or a human being.
    so if ALL life is sacred, is human life more sacred than that of a wombat?
    you don&#39;t have children, do you? or, do you?[/b][/quote]
    @ Yes I do have chidren.

@ All life is sacred.

When you read &#39;all life is sacred&#39; that means that all life has an equal right to live.

What&#39;s the matter, your not a wombat hater?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@31 July 2003 - 20:01
    Someone jumped out from like 45 floors high?
    Yes, more than 45 floors high,on 9-11 lots of people did....they went to the windows to get away from fire, which would be a really painful death so they jumped out.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Yes they did&#33; I saw the whole story unfold on television. I shall never forget it. I also saw the pictures of the gassed mothers, clutching their equally dead babies, in Iraq many years ago. It is nearly impossible to comprehend, that humans do these things to each other, but they do.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@31 July 2003 - 21:11
    It was the constant "Never Forget." It&#39;s a phrase that&#39;s been applied to both Great Wars, the atomic bombing of Japan (although not the firebombing of Tokyo, which is rather confusing), and more recently, the Holocaust.

I wasn&#39;t commenting on the victims at all, but, as you said, the flagrant attempt at emotional manipulation. Perhaps if sampson had had something in his post than "This Will Give Ya Chills For Sure" and a link, there would&#39;ve been more to respond to. And while I have sympathy for the victims and their friends and family, the event entire has been grossly manipulated by the United States government.

Or perhaps I just cannot have the emotional response that is trying to be provoked. My roommate, who is American, was certainly more distraught about the entire event than I was.

first off, when i posted that link, i didnt expect this kind of response and thats why there isnt any text. secondly, i dont know how you can say that the us govt. has manipulated the situation, or that the filmmaker was trying to manipulate my emotions. the US has always said that it will not negotiate with terrorists and that any terrorist act will be considered an act of war. they have pecked at and annoyed us and smaller countries for years.(its like a kid in school(sadaam) picking on someone until they finally do something to really piss them off and the other kid(usa) turns around and knocks the shit out of em) as for manipulating my emotions, were you getting ready for work and saw this live on tv? was it your country and country men/women that were under attack? i think not. my emotions ran deep. I SAW RED that morning&#33; there was no time for the govt or any filmmaker to decide my emotions for me. i support EVERY decision the us govt has made in this campaign, i support EVERY troop of EVERY country thats fighting to ride the world of this crazy fuck, and i support my president. GO BUSH&#33; i have a million other opinions on the subject, but i guess we&#39;ll go one at a time.

PLEASE DONT CLOSE THIS POST. WE&#39;RE NOT FLAMING, WE&#39;RE VENTING

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Sampson, it was not only the USA that was attacked on 9.11, it was our &#39;western&#39; culture. It happend on your soil. Buildings can be rebuilt but all those lives will never be returned.
    My point is that killing each other will not solve the situation. It just set the scene for the revenge attack. It really is a vicious circle.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@1 August 2003 - 00:53
    New Yorkers who had there parents or children or friends die arent going to forgive anyone. How about one of you speak to a group full of 100 of the people who lost love ones in 9-11....they will beat your ass. If people wanna talk about it, then let them&#33;
    Funny, that sounds alot like the attitude of a fanatical terrorist...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by hobbes@1 August 2003 - 02:06
    After all, didn&#39;t the Christian God kill everyone on the planet for their transgressions (Noahs&#39; ark). If God is not a good role-model, the who is? Thanks to God for showing us how to deal with "bad people".
    Well, technically the Jewish God.

As someone pointed out in another thread, in the intermission between the Old Testament and the New Testament God seemed to go through a personality realignment, from a vindictive small minded egotist, to a caring sharing family guy...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by nigel123@1 August 2003 - 09:12
    Sampson, it was not only the USA that was attacked on 9.11, it was our &#39;western&#39; culture. It happend on your soil. Buildings can be rebuilt but all those lives will never be returned.
    My point is that killing each other will not solve the situation. It just set the scene for the revenge attack. It really is a vicious circle.
    Youve gotta gimmie more than that for me to be able to respond. Whats youre solution?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    On a lighter note

http://www.flowgo.com/flowgo2_view.cfm?page_id=63418

and for anyone whos looking for any pic ever to do with 9/11.......

http://www.penttbomb.net/Archive.html

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast