Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im Concern...how Do You Stop Riaa From...

Its a scare campaign that will end soon enough.
    Lotta BIGTIME bullshit.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Get a firewall

Firewall can make your port not responding to ICMP package and make your port 1214 unaccessible(EXCEPT P2P PROGRAM)

If you get a good firewall(ZoneAlarm,Sygate,etc.)
    When an ICMP package(which PING use)comes in,
    your computer still get the package,
    but WILL NOT RESPOND TO THEIR COMPUTER,
    THEY WILL THINK THAT YOUR COMPUTER WAS SHUTTED DOWN

Warning:Firewall can ONLY protect you from AUTOMATED SCANNING PROGRAM(Such as NetBrute).If RIAA download KaZaA program and log in as a user,download from you,and get your IP,then FIREWALL WILL HAVE NO EFFECT.(Your P2P program will respond to it^^)

Go to see this:http://www.imesh.com/forums/viewtopi...light=firewall

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Good advice as well, I use Zone Alarm 4.0, and it is very effective at blocking the extra garbage.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I am truly struggling with this all this technical stuff. I'm learning but it's coming slow. I'd like to contribute more. But for now, I have more questions than answers. So please bear with me.

I have Time-Warner Cable as my ISP. If I'm correct, they are represented by RIAA. I can't block Time Warner because if I do, then I won't get access to the web.

I have Zone Alarm Pro 4.0. I know that Time Warner should not be in the "Trusted" zone. But, I have them included in the "Internet Zone". Is this correct? Any help?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    =====
    I have Time-Warner Cable as my ISP. If I'm correct, they are represented by RIAA. I can't block Time Warner because if I do, then I won't get access to the web.
    =====
    BUTTTTTTZZZZ...Wrong Answer

you can still get access to Internet if you block your ISP.

Take myself for example.I use 56K dial up modem and I use ZoneAlarm Pro 4.I allow my dial up Program,Internet Explorer to access the Internet,and I am now surfing www.k-lite.tk.However,if my ISP try to use automated scanning program to spoof me,then sorry,NO RESPOND(Since I only allow IE and certain programs).A graph may describe it:

(1)
    Your |Dial Up program <=====>| |Your |Net
    PC |Internet explorer <=====>| |ISP |
    |(Blocked) <==X==>|Automated bot | |
    (2)
    If
    ========= connection
    |Other Kazaa| ==========>|Firewall|=======>Your Kazaa Port
    ========= request

then

Your Kazaa Responds ========>|Firewall|=========>Other Kazaa

Connection made successfully.

But if
    ============= connection
    |Scanning program| ==========>|Firewall|=======>Your Kazaa Port
    ============= request

your P2P program will not respond because Scanning Program do not fit the P2P&#39;s protocol,so NO ONE WILL RESPOND,YOUR COMPUTER IS STEALTH.

P.S:If you have a firewall.GOTO https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 AND TRY "PROBE MY PORT",YOU WILL FIND THAT EVEN YOU ARE USING YOUR BROSWER(Port 80),YOUR PORT 80 IS STILL INVISIBLE,which means EVEN YOU OPEN YOUR PORT(ex:1214),YOU MAY ALLOW ONLY CERTAIN KIND OF PROGRAM TO ACCESS&#33;(ex:allow Kazaa only)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    On the subject of firewalls.. I have used a ZoneAlarm since the very first weeks it came out- I&#39;m a big fan of it.

But there is no doubt in my mind now as to what the RIAA is doing (in part). I think they are sending out these warnings to about every file sharer of even a single mp3. It&#39;s pretty crazy when I think back to the night I got that RIAA pm- NO MUSIC TRANSFERS WERE GOING ON AT THAT TIME. It looks like a song came up on a search- and then an auto-bot sent out the pm without even a download of the mp3.

Lets face it: Kazaa/Kazaa Lite is almost the entire focus of the RIAA right now. I find myself using Earthstation5 more and more these days.

I think future versions of Kazaa Lite should entirely remove the pm funtion to send other users messages. At this time it&#39;s a tool for the dark side.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    I can only add that as of recent I believe they are logged in as SuperNodes, thus they be capturing request and sending messages perhaps. Though again, turn it off.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    how do you block the RIA?? lmao

you don&#39;t use kazaa at all problem solved

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    That seems to be the lesson learned here. Almost all of the news about the RIAA recently seems to be in regards to Kazaa/Kazaa Lite.

What about all of the news groups that charge &#036;&#036; for gigs of music? What about WinMX (very popular among 320 bps mp3 fans) and other p2p programs? One cant find much in the media about the RIAA geting involved with them at all. It seems like it&#39;s entirely Kazaa/Kazaa Lite focused.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Can&#39;t the creator os kazza lite come up with a way to fight of the evil RIAA like make a kazza lite where it steath your ips and stuff turns off all message, covers all ports stealth, make it like your not actually doing anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast