Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprocket sashays...

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I'm using the new Vision XP from some of the makers of the Black and indigo. So Those reg files won't work for me right? Also I don't have "Performance info" option either

2. Software & Hardware   -   #132
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No, those are Vista only.

Don't have XP installed ATM and don't remember off hand exactly where the setting would be.
    Either in the Advanced tab of System or in Display.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Why do you too always get 5hit to work seemingly easy and I have trouble almost always? Damn smart K and C!
    Just to make you feel better, D.- and so you are finally disabused of the "always get things to work" theory- I tried loading Vista in AHCI mode today (still trying to get sleep mode to function) and ultimately failed/gave up.

I usually make a custom nLite (or in this case, vLite) disk with drivers slipstreamed but since this was to be a one-off install (switching to 64 bit as soon as the disk arrives) I thought I'd just use my *cough*Dell*cough* disk and install the drivers via flash drive.

'Twas not to be.
    Prompted to insert the USB drive containing the drivers, Windows promptly superceded the hard drive and assigned the flash with drive letter C:.
    Then it would load the drivers and claim it could no longer find the hard drive at all.

Now, several hours and a fresh install of Pro x64 later, it occurs to me what I might have been doing wrong but damned if I'm going back to find out.

Part of making it look easy is simply not fessing up when you fail...just so you know.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #134
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Part of making it look easy is simply not fessing up when you fail...just so you know.
    Just so.

Honesty is indeed a trying proposition.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Software & Hardware   -   #135
    Thanks Clock I do feel better. J2K4, are you saying I complain too much?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #136
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Thanks Clock I do feel better. J2K4, are you saying I complain too much?
    Not at all - just that Clocker is much too competent to admit the occasional failure.

I'm the same way...just because perfection is unattainable we shouldn't be deterred from presenting the facade, you see.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #137
    Well I know he listens to my Bull5hit way too often always there with an answer or a link to one. He did admit to it once he even posted an "epic Failure" pic

8. Software & Hardware   -   #138
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

clocker is that zalman external w/c kit? if so which one is it? Im looking to get the res1 v2, wondered if you knew if it was any good?

My name is Dan for the people who care!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #139
    Nope, it's not a Reserator just a finned reservoir.
    Much smaller than the Zalman unit.

I was always fascinated by the Reserator but never dropped the dime to buy one.
    They seemed to have pump problems- although easily fixed- and were not capable of cooling the older CPUs as well as a conventional water loop but I'd bet they'd work pretty well on the newer Intel chips.

I wouldn't consider using the Zalman waterblocks, they have always been second rate but the Reserator coupled with a Swiftech or D-Tec should work well.

The Zalman's claim to fame was always it's low noise level, so if that's a main consideration and you can get the unit cheaply, I'd try it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #140
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    cool i shall go for it what were the pump problems and how were they fixed?

My name is Dan for the people who care!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast