Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: torrentfreak disappointment

did you try posting this in the TF forum?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    no, but i'm going to write an email to the founder and main editor.

also never forget that we are a public forum.

some torrentfreak editors will read this.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    no, but i'm going to write an email to the founder and main editor.

also never forget that we are a public forum.

some torrentfreak editors will read this.
    yes they maybe will read this,but probably nothing will change,unless u or someone else is big donor to them then maybe..

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Sounds like FST with better news. :

Oh look I want some accounts. I will buy a phat seedbox then give it to a stranger in exchange for a fake identity.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

Oh look I want some accounts. I will buy a phat seedbox then give it to a stranger in exchange for a fake identity.
    sometimes it needs an old member to speak out the truth.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    in order to change the rules/content for their forums, you'd need ppl heavily modding. i guess they just can't be bothered seeing as it's already so infested. alot of how a community turns out depends on how it's being shaped by the people in charge. i'm guessing it's just not a priority to them compared to the good articles that they churn out.

imo the easiest thing for them would be to actually close the forum entirely, but then come on which torrent newssite doesn't have a forum. so they do, and that's all the point there is to it: to have a forum. whatever goes on in there doesn't matter.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It is really bad. They closed the forums a few months ago for a while, or were going to do it for good (in October I think).

The other thing I don't like about the site is they are a bit hyperbolic and too biased in their news stories. I know its just a blog, but I don't like the tone of some of their pieces.

Even worse are the comments with all of the idiots cursing antipiracy groups and trolling for The Pirate Bay.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

sometimes it needs an old member to speak out the truth.
    remember our discussion about Rapidshare accounts for invites? im pretty certain theres lots more going on behind the scenes here.
    as for TF, what you saw is merely a glimpse. this has been happening rhere on a regular basis and i have seen people report sellers on irc of a few trackers. TF forums have infact become famous for scammers and sellers. actually, that is how i heard about TF first. but then after looking at the news items posted here on FST, i realized that there was atleast a little value to that site. i still avoid it by reading the news here itself

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Whats really funny is how someone is looking to buy a FST account older than 30 days....................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12