Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: NaQ's Complete Setup Guide for Linux Seedboxes (Fedora Core/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu)

Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    Anyone want to set this up for me

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #222
    ^^
    done btw
    (built wine 1.1.7 & utorrent 1.8.1, flies along)
    Last edited by Vanadium; 10-30-2008 at 04:54 AM.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #223
    atwitsend
    Ill be getting my server this weekend and have read over the guide a few times. Which is great and kindly appreciated. I do have a question. I seen where you could set up different user accounts on the server but I didn't see anything on 1) How to set how many torrents user could up/download at same time along with their folder path for their selected downloads. 2) Bandwidth allowed. 3) HDD space allotted for user. 4) Settings so that said user cant change or have access to privileged information or be able to change the settings I set for them on uT. If any of these things were covered I apologize but I didn't see them. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this. I have a couple friends who want to use the server and help me with cost but I do want to limit what they can and cannot do. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by atwitsend; 10-30-2008 at 05:27 AM.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #224
    This guide doesn't cover quota's, etc. User account quota's aren't too hard to put on, but bandwitdh quota's are a bit harder to do (especially without virtualization etc, I don't think)
    If you wanted to remove Preferences from webui, I think you'd have to edit it manually.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #225
    akb1973
    Yes could someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Or what I need to do now. I can sign into VNC and start uT but I get this screen in xterm. Any ideas? I also get invalid request when I try to webGui in my browser.

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enshot2ic5.jpg
    Last edited by akb1973; 11-02-2008 at 09:59 AM.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #226
    Quote Originally Posted by akb1973 View Post
    Yes could someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Or what I need to do now. I can sign into VNC and start uT but I get this screen in xterm. Any ideas? I also get invalid request when I try to webGui in my browser.

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enshot2ic5.jpg
    What distro are you running ?

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #227
    What exactly is the problem? Click "Yes" or "No", bring uTorrent into the foreground and use it...

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #228
    I have tried to look for a solution but have not been able to find a definitive answer.

I setup, as a trial first in my home network, a seedbox using Ubuntu Server 8.10 with vsftpd 2.07, xfce4, wine 1.1.7.
    I managed to setup the SSH tunneling, changed, the ftp and ssh ports. All is working but then for the Firewall.

When using any FTP Client for FTP explicit SSL/TSL the ports chosen for the data transfer are always outside the pasv_min_port and pasv_max_port range and are subsequently blocked by the firewall.

How can I make vsftpd to give out only port-no's inside its allowed range?

aleg

-----------------------------
    Resolved:
    I just thought to try another port-range. First I used 63320-63340.
    Apparently this is not suitable, maybe to high, though I don't know the exact upper limits of suitable port-ranges.

But I changed it to something like 44320 - 44340, and it worked like a charm.
    So for anybody with the some problems, try a lower range of port-no's.
    Last edited by aleg; 11-04-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Solved the problem

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #229
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Maybe you have to force it to use pasv instead of port in vsftpd.conf? Look here for all the options: http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html

Also check your client, make sure it uses the pasv method...

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #230
    Hi NaQ

Thank you for your fast response.
    But I already solved it (even faster , so maybe I wasn't so very clever in the first place).

Look at my previous post which I edited with my solution

Thanks again

aleg

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast