Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Way To Beat The Riaa (spit). Maybe

chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by iHadYourMomLastNight@KaZaa@4 August 2003 - 00:48
    all isp's index the phone #'s your calling from in their files, so unless your running around from phone booth to phone booth , they will have you unless your willing to run......but for a fine, i doubt i would run. the max fine so far is $7500. i d pay that just to still be part of this sic society we have created.
    FUK THE RIAA!!!!!
    You could, of course, go to the trouble of buying a pack of male phone heads (analog), and run from payphone to payphone, severing the connection between the the phone cord and the headset. Then you'd simply attach the cord to a phone head, and then plug into your computer, after inserting 50 cents into the payphone of course...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    doesn't matter we can sue back it's illegal for the RIAA to check on us

we can beat them on their own game

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Hogster@4 August 2003 - 02:31
    doesn't matter we can sue back it's illegal for the RIAA to check on us

we can beat them on their own game
    There is a difference between what is legal and illegal for them to do. They do quite a bit of LEGAL brow-beating, but they have not as of yet attempted anything illegal.
    If they attempted to implant, for example, trojans on end-users computers, they could then get in deep water, but they wait until they can successfully subpeona end-users and get legal access to peoples' computers.
    One thing to point out is that if they did begin to launch trojans, they'd do fairly well, because trojans don't do as well on *nix platforms, and that's where they'd run into trouble, as a great deal of the black-hats live on *nix platforms.

Right now, the hacking that has been done to modify sections of the RIAA website has been fairly "kiddieish" in nature.
    If black-hats wanted to bother and attack the RIAA website, they could shut it down for months, and remove any chance of the RIAA maintaining a credible facade.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    WOW.......who are the black hats?
    i wanna party with those dudes haahaha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12