Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching Seedboxes Help

WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    OK, I finally got the server info. Now here's my question for setting it up. I am using a Mac Laptop using Leopard. The server should be running Windows Web Edition 2003. Is there a WebUI torrent client that works with Leopard? Basically I'd like to 'see' what I'm leeching/seeding through the webui on my Mac, then transfer the files I've downloaded to my Mac so I can transfer the files to my external hard drive, import the files to iTunes and put them on my iPod.

Is there a torrent client that has a WEBUI for Mac? May I somehow also transfer the files I've downloaded to my Mac? If there's no torrent client that has a WEBUI compatible for the Mac I might as well install boot camp, then run windows vista. Next I would download Parallels so I may run Windows and Mac at once. I hope no one gets confused with this, knows what I want to do and knows how to do it. Thanks again.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard20 View Post
    OK, I finally got the server info. Now here's my question for setting it up. I am using a Mac Laptop using Leopard. The server should be running Windows Web Edition 2003. Is there a WebUI torrent client that works with Leopard? Basically I'd like to 'see' what I'm leeching/seeding through the webui on my Mac, then transfer the files I've downloaded to my Mac so I can transfer the files to my external hard drive, import the files to iTunes and put them on my iPod.

Is there a torrent client that has a WEBUI for Mac? May I somehow also transfer the files I've downloaded to my Mac? If there's no torrent client that has a WEBUI compatible for the Mac I might as well install boot camp, then run windows vista. Next I would download Parallels so I may run Windows and Mac at once. I hope no one gets confused with this, knows what I want to do and knows how to do it. Thanks again.

WebUI: just a web page, can be open with any browser (IE, Firefox, Safari)

Remote Desktop: http://connect.microsoft.com/macrdc This is a Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Mac OSX. Use it to connect to the actual desktop of your server.

Look in the guide's section for a tutorial on setting up a FTP Server on your Windows seedbox, then connect to it using a FTP Client on your Mac.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    OK, thanks. I downloaded that and I'm able to login. Then I noticed the hard drive was only 10GB instead of 160GB and the network speed did not seem like 100MB/s. I'll send them an email to see if they may fix it.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    singing_sol's Avatar ftn lover!!! BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    why not try european servers from france they are much cheaper and easy to use and yeah heavy speeds

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard20 View Post
    OK, thanks. I downloaded that and I'm able to login. Then I noticed the hard drive was only 10GB instead of 160GB and the network speed did not seem like 100MB/s. I'll send them an email to see if they may fix it.
    You have to format the rest of the space, system management should sort you out.

Speed maybe shared, actually is shared - not maybe.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Thanks Sgt Major. Found out how to do it. Now I just need to figure out how to set up the FileZilla Server and Filezilla for FTP, then I just need to do uTorrent WebUI and I should be all set. I can't seem to connect to the FileZilla Server though. Do I install the Filezilla Server on my seedbox and then install FileZilla on my Mac? I tried to install FileZilla Server on my seedbox but can't seem to get it to work. I was following the guide here at FST.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    So far - so good.

FZ server on seedbox - ensure you change the standard port number from 21 to something between 50000 & 55555, then add a user and then ensure to set the home directory for that user to where your torrents are downloaded to - the D Drive perhaps? Then give that user RWAD permission for the D Drive so you can delete directories from the FZ client (or any FTP client will do - doesn't have to be FZ just because you use FZ server)

FTP client (can be FZ - doesn't have to be) - ensure you use same user name & login exactly as you used in your user details on the server, and change the port from 21 to the one you selected, increase the number of connections to the server to 10 and you are (should be) ready to go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    OK Sgt, I'll have to re-read your last post a few times before it makes sense. I'm a bit confused now. lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    If something goes "whoosh" a bit, tell me to slow down and explain again.

But if you follow the tut and as you are setting it up read the post aboe, it will all fall into place.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    try this one http://www.tzulo.com/
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast