Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Networking 2 computers wirelessly but with a twist

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You don't need a wireless card in a computer that is connected through wire.
    It will still communicate with the wireless computer (through the router).

So take out the wireless device from the wired computer, then run the network setup wizard on both PCs making sure that you use the same workgroup name and they will then see each other in "My Network" / "Network" / "Network Neighbourhood" or whatever else Microsoft wants to call it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Wow I can't believe all the helpful advice in this thread. Thanks guys so much but unfortunately the wife won't allow another computer in the house, apparently she feels I spend too much time on it already ( Grounds for divorce??) So I think I am going to have to go with this:

D-Link DSM-520 Wireless HD Media Player

Not really the route I wanted to take but marriage = compromise I guess

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Wow I can't believe all the helpful advice in this thread. Thanks guys so much but unfortunately the wife won't allow another computer in the house, apparently she feels I spend too much time on it already ( Grounds for divorce??) So I think I am going to have to go with this:

D-Link DSM-520 Wireless HD Media Player

Not really the route I wanted to take but marriage = compromise I guess
    LOL!!!! route over router! Seems like the right choise

I totally hear you, next time () make sure you have everything you need before you get married...

I personally got my HD Projetor, HD audio, big screen TV and collection of Media centers. Anyone wants to add anything to the list before its too late???

Ohhhh, what about x264?
    Last edited by sagib; 03-28-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123