Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow Day In The Lounge

Poster
    in certain areas of britain it is a bank holiday (where I am living too). A bank holiday is what it sounds like, the banks take a day off work - they close down. So therefore lots of companys and so forth shut for the day too. Thats all it is basically, schools qiute often get days off on bank holidays too (but since it's the summer, i guess that isn't happening)

2. Lounge   -   #12
    hypoluxa3k
    so it's slow in the lounge eh?

what y'all need is me back on the forums, that's what.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Tariq.Sheikh
    everyday is a holiday for me!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It is just a public holiday when all the utility companies(Banks, Post Office etc) are closed for the day. Most other companies also close for the day. All employees of every company must give their employes these holidays and pay them for them or make some arrangement for extra payment or holiday instead. Bank holidays are designated by the government.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Its a nice sunny day get outside

6. Lounge   -   #16
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    lol, the politics room did it again yesterday it was wheres the sense in lamsey/jpaul/clocker/hobbes etc.. now its

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    It's not a bank holiday here (england) for another 3 weeks. Bank holiday is when everybody is off work and heads to all the pubs and clubs (in their thousands)where I live, pissing on the streets, fighting, falling over, making lots of noise etc.
    It's great fun watching them all getting stupidly drunk then tryin to pick fights with each other The best part has to be the women, they all go out wearing little more than a dish cloth!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Ah yes, the mating ritual of the english men and women. That never tires, the men have pub brawls to show off thier masculinity whilst the females look thier best in "dish cloths". I've seen many an english bank holiday, they are great; great only if you are part of the NHS. Whilst that half have thier drunken fights, the rest seem to go south-west to the beaches with thier families. It is a British tradition really to go to the seaside and go to the pier carnivals.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    The best part has to be the women, they all go out wearing little more than a dish cloth! 
    but some of em should wear a bit more :x

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Yeah, where I live is a sea-side town complete with about a million drinkin places, most people come down here at about 12 and then if they're still standing at 7, go into the city (newcastle) for the rest of the night

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast