Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Gives Up On Vista

2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I kinda liked vista

2. News (Archive)   -   #22
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    There's been so many issues with Vista, and not all of it Microsofts fault. Many hardware manufacturers have used the OS upgrade to render existing XP compatible hardware obsolete. This has backfired because a good proportion of consumers don't wish to throw their existing hardware, which costs money, away, for the sake of compatibility (re. Creative).

Vista could have been the New Technology OS, but it has been marred by extremely poor support, and people expect their machines to run better than the previous OS, not worse, especially considering that the upgrade is NOT cheap.
    Creative have been doing this for years. I bought a boxed retail SB128 many months after Win ME was released only to find that they didn't support my particular incarnation of it (or about half a dozen others) under ME and officially stated they'd never even worked on drivers for it even though those on the ME disc were clearly labelled as theirs.
    I have not bought or recommended a Creative product since.

There seem to be so many vociferous people with short memories when it comes to Vista; everything that has been said regarding its performance or hardware requirements has previously been said, not only about XP, but about all Windows releases since '95.
    "Windows 95 Sux" springs to mind.
    15 years ago it cost me £30 to buy 4MB RAM and last night I ordered 2GB of DDR2 for less than £20.
    Upgrading for Vista is cheaper in real terms now than it was in '95.

I don't have a blistering PC (Athlon64 X2 5200, 2GB RAM, nVidia 7300GS) but x64 Ultimate is smooth and sweet on it.
    What I like even more than the visuals is that Vista manages to actually find drivers on Windows Update every time it looks which is something XP hasn't managed once in about 6 years.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. News (Archive)   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    (...)
    What I like even more than the visuals is that Vista manages to actually find drivers on Windows Update every time it looks which is something XP hasn't managed once in about 6 years.
    Hmmm that's odd I've lived totally the opposite experience to that

4. News (Archive)   -   #24
    Poster
    These news makes me happy. Vista is the most horrible OS I've ever tried.
    After a few days with Vista, I did an uninstall, went back to XP, and never looked back ever since...

5. News (Archive)   -   #25
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I mean obviously the businesses and corporations, under pressure from Microsoft, by releasing programs and games just for Vista, have adopted Vista for survival measures.

But I'm sure a lot of businesses are either using Server 2008 or XP SP2. It's just like mbucari1 said, performance is simply not the same.

6. News (Archive)   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    After all the reviews on vista, I kinda reluctant to change my xp.
    Although vista's interface is nice, sleek, but problem lies on the ram and drivers.
    Still quite buggy. Good to see vista is dead now, xp FTW, support extend for ANother 2 years

7. News (Archive)   -   #27
    Xp was a lagging bug infested piece of s...t when it first came out. Vista runs great on my Pc, i also got xp and vista on my laptop (dual boot) there ent much in um,

The problem is people want all the fancy looks of a new Os, but don't wanna payout to upgrade there hardware, ram so on, vista is here to stay i am afraid!

8. News (Archive)   -   #28
    Vista dead? YEAH RIGHT.
    The only way Microsoft can kill vista is by making Windows 7 a wonderfull product that will make everybody forget about vista AND xp.
    Vista will hunt Microsoft until then.

9. News (Archive)   -   #29
    thank god i didn't upgrade my computers to vista!!

10. News (Archive)   -   #30
    BReal13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it was screwed up from the begining and the hi-tech demand....you need to upgrade your PC to run it ....is just crap, looks better and works awful

Happy to be at last

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast