Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vista Ultimate problem

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    So did you get the problem fixed?
    Not yet; waiting for a few torrents to finish before I take a swing at making a vlite disc this weekend.

Hoping for crappy weather Saturday so I'll have an excuse to sit here for a few hours...

Not even going to try debugging.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Okay-

I'm in on my vLite w/SP1 re-install, which was sweet and easy, apart from my own lack of forethought in running the Firefox 3 beta previously, which renders Mozbackup useless.

I have lost my bookmarks, alas.

Oh, well - live, learn, etc.

Let's see what manner of glitch old Vista comes up with next...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Okay-

I'm in on my vLite w/SP1 re-install, which was sweet and easy, apart from my own lack of forethought in running the Firefox 3 beta previously, which renders Mozbackup useless.
    How long did it take you to make the vLite disk, Kev?
    Did you do it from within Vista or XP?

Too bad about the bookmarks...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Okay-

How long did it take you to make the vLite disk, Kev?
    Did you do it from within Vista or XP?

Too bad about the bookmarks...
    I did it in Vista...if I subtract the time it took to integrate SP1 (a good two hours), composing and burning the ISO took no more than an hour.

If I had DLed the post-SP1 hot-fixes beforehand, I suppose that would have consumed more time, but not a lot.

All-in-all, not so bad; I can reconstruct a good number of my bookmarks from Mrs. J's machine, and regard the rest as pruned, or something, and running the post-install clean-up thingie got me a few gigs of space back.

Did you get your 64-bit stuff yet?

Along the same lines, I have hired a student whose auspices may be worth something in the fall.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12