dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    True.

This is all I know.

The E-mails
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    When the Truth comes out ?

1) Solar/Sun Lasco/Soho satellite photos of UFO's in nasa's own released photo's. (research Euro seti) video found on Kazaa

2) Cattle mutilations Approx 30,000 cases or 30,000,000 dollars worth of cattle . Not one arrest. hmmmmmm Did detectives forget how to detect ?

3) Crop circles/landing sites bearing radiation and other odd characteristics
    Crop circles have appeared in over 40 countries worldwide. Must be a conspiracy to fool who ?
    (must be those crazy british boyz with their ropes and boards they surely get around.)

4) Mars - Pyramids Face tubes etc. anything interesting found is surely an area avoided with nasa probes.. why ?

5) Witnesses public - Betty and Barney hill The famous case of Betty and Barney Hill was a first for the UFO phenomenon for many reasons. Although it wasn't the first reported abduction, it was the first to be formally investigated and also marked the entrance of hypnosis into UFOlogy. It wasn't however the first mysterious happening in New Hampshire.
    also see Betty's Star Map- Marjorie Fish

The allagash 4 "Undeniable Evidence of Alien Intervention." The account of the 1996 abduction of four men while on a canoe trip in the Allagash Wilderness in Maine. This incident ranks as one of the most compelling abduction accounts because it is supported by multiple witnesses

plus many many more

6) Government Witnesses - project disclosure and it's 450 witnesses in Government Cia FBI NSA Army Navy Marines AirForce
    as well as Corporate Testimony

7) Moon Landing or hoax or something in between just a few high resolution pictures of the moons light and darkside would have stamped this out 30 years ago. We can go to the moon but we apparently can't photograph it very well why ?. Think maybe by apollo 16 we would have brought the appropriate camera ? Why do Some beleive .. If we went to the moon it wasn't in a rocket. (do the research)

8) Things for debunkers to read Friedman versus Klass (Klass = Klueless Ass (just my personal opinion)

9) An average of 70,000 ufo sightings reported each year!

10) reported crash sites
    Rosewell, New Mexico 4 July 1947
    Spitzenbergen, Norway 1952
    and many many more ( do the research)

11) Famous Landings
    Rendlesham Forest will always be remembered as the UK's answer to Roswell, being as it is the only other UFO incident that has received official recognition from the government and military. It is the most significant UFO incident ever to have occurred in the UK and one of the most significant anywhere in the world.

Debunkers = Dont they need more swamps ? for their swamp gas theories ?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Whilst I am happy with the maths that the probability of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe does exist and I am even prepared to accept that we may have been visited by some of them, I am sceptical as to what this really means to us.

We, as a species, tend to think the people in the next village are weird. We definitely struggle with neighbouring countries and as for people of a different skin colour....

So, just how happy would we be if a bunch of aliens came to live here.

I suspect they would very quickly get the blame for every ill to fall on man and either have to zap us to protect themselves or pack up and go.

Perhaps if we cracked living together as a species we might find that we can then look expectantly to the stars.

Just a thought - as Winnie the Pooh might say.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    lynx's Avatar .
    There was an interesting program on TV the other day, all about the likelyhood of the existence of intelligent life.

Apparently, there is a well known equation for calculating the probability, but unfortunately I can't remember the name of the person who invented it. Essentially it is simply a case of multiplying the probabilities of various things. And it turns out that these probabilities are all known, with the exception of 1 term in the equation. The only thing we don't know is how long a civilisation which has both the will and the technical capability of making contact actually lasts, because we are the only one we know of and ours is still going.

However, it is interesting to note that if we assume such a civilisation lasts for 1000 years, it turns out that the number of intelligent life forms likely to exist in our galaxy is about 1. And that is us.
    Of course, if we assume that such a civilisation only lasts for about 100 years, it means that that the number of intelligent life forms existing in our galaxy will be about zero, but then again if it only lasts 100 years it probably means we will have blown ourselves up.

Edit: actually, I made that last bit up. I think that the unknown term is anti-logarithmic, so 100 years and 1000 years are not significantly different, I think you have to get up to about 10000 years before the number becomes 2. In any case, it isn't just about how long our civilisation lasts, if there are other civilisations out there it depends on how long they last too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Lynx do you mean intelligent life on this planet or the possibilty of intelligent life on another planet?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    This species needs to encounter a new civilization.
    We're running out of things to blow up.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    If any visiting life forms are intelligent I think they may have noted our tendancy to cast fictional alien life forms as cannon fodder. They may not be keen on this as a concept. Indeed it might suggest to them that we haven't really progressed much beyond medieval witch hunts.

If I was an alien I would be keeping my head down.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by bigboab@9 September 2003 - 21:05
    Lynx do you mean intelligent life on this planet or the possibilty of intelligent life on another planet?
    The whole point was about intelligent life anywhere, and from that how many there are likely to be. So if the likelihood is that there is 1 intelligent life form in our galaxy, then since we are one it is unlikely that there will be another.

But I make no claims about whether we would qualify as an intelligent life form.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    or heads if applicable

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by lynx@9 September 2003 - 21:22

But I make no claims about whether we would qualify as an intelligent life form.
    I agree, the jury's still out on that one

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast