Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any US residents

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    but we should not be surprise, how many americans give a heck about canada, mexico etc...
    I love that you put "etc" for all the other countries
    :earl:

Comedic fantasticism.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    but we should not be surprise, how many americans give a heck about canada, mexico etc...
    I love that you put "etc" for all the other countries
    don't share a border with the usa, rumors say they don't even exist

3. Lounge   -   #33
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    enough said, i like usa, but just give all the legitimate americans their name

4. Lounge   -   #34
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    enough said, i like usa, but just give all the legitimate americans their name
    The classic enough said scenario.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsdale View Post
    Real Americans were wiped out by Europeans a while ago.
    Sucks to be them then doesn't it? Everyone was wiped out by someone at some point right? It's just our turn now Who knows maybe Austrailia will be the next superpower

Enough said

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    This land mass was known as the "Americas" long before my country was founded.

We're simply the United States of America.
    Then rename your people to Unitians, United Statians or whatever and leave the "American" title to all American countries

do you realize how self-centered it looks?

In french, some are calling you "États-Uniens" (would translate to United Statians i guess) because this "American" name is simply wrong

WTF are you going on about?

It's The United States of America. As in, these are 48 states which are within America, or the United States of these Americas.

You probably don't know a great deal about our history, but that appellation was given back before we were a large country. It was given to us in 1776 if I recall, and our entire country consisted of 13 small states along a portion of the East coast of North America. It positively was not chosen as some sort of haughty act no matter how much you'd like to believe so.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #37

It's The United States of America. As in, these are 48 states which are within America, or the United States of these Americas.
    i know that for sure but it's not my point, united states is a country, not a continent, i don't care if they use the continent name or not as a part of their name, that doesn't change a thing, they shouldn't use the continent people designation as their name

let's say China or India was called " United states of Asia" for whatever historical reason, would they call themselves Asian? the larger designation of Asian would be messed up by that

same is going on with the usa, you are Americans, but just like the 20 others countries or so in America

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You merkins are turning the lounge in to one of your debate classes.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

i know that for sure but it's not my point, united states is a country, not a continent, i don't care if they use the continent name or not as a part of their name, that doesn't change a thing, they shouldn't use the continent people designation as their name

let's say China or India was called " United states of Asia" for whatever historical reason, would they call themselves Asian? the larger designation of Asian would be messed up by that

same is going on with the usa, you are Americans, but just like the 20 others countries or so in America
    Me and 30 million other Canadians don't give a f**k.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Me and 23 millions other English-speaking Canadians prefer to stay USA's good little doggy.

USA has a big ego, admit it or not... that's it

i think i'm off-topic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast