Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: G.o.d (((((((((athiest))))))))))

Carpe Diem indeed, hobbes

2. The Drawing Room   -   #372
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+20 September 2003 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 20 September 2003 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-titey@20 September 2003 - 23:33
    There was a point?
    Carpe diem, I believe. [/b][/quote]
    I prefer Carpe Jugulum - but you knew that already.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #373
    Poster
    Originally posted by jbrockz@20 September 2003 - 23:40
    Carpe Diem indeed, hobbes
    So what&#39;s your reply to my last Horace.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #374
    Originally posted by JPaul+20 September 2003 - 23:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 20 September 2003 - 23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 September 2003 - 23:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-titey
    @20 September 2003 - 23:33
    There was a point?

Carpe diem, I believe.
    I prefer Carpe Jugulum - but you knew that already. [/b][/quote]
    No, I thought it was "Carpe scrotum"

Nice thought, well presented
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #375
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I know many people who are in "menial" jobs who are extremely bright and interesting. However for a variety of reasons, ranging from circumstance to personal choice they are not in highly paid jobs or jobs with an elevated status.

I know people that are Rich and unhappy.

I know people that are classed as poor, however are extremely happy.

I consider the happy ones successful in life.....

I prefer Nightwatch, but shouldnt the preferences be in BookWorld

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #376
    to jpaul

you expect me to take into account all 6 billion plus people and their lives before posting something....please don&#39;t mind me saying this but you strike me as a person for whom the meaning lies in words only, a critique of words rahter than their meaning . you with your thousand words, it seems couldn&#39;t understand the jist...something that hobbes summed up in two words....when i m driving to my point, many things have to be generalized. my own mother works as a bank teller. she was on her way to becoming a very good actresses when she got married to the wrong guy while in acting school, had me thinking that would change him and later divorced him for my safety, then became a bank teller to support me....my remark was towards those who go around thinking life is beautiful and we are all blessed and all that horseshit, who delude themselves from the reality of life and then are shocked when it hits them in the face.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #377
    Poster
    I will not cross swords with the erudite.

Hobbes and RF, I doff my cap to you - for now.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #378
    Poster
    Originally posted by jbrockz@20 September 2003 - 23:54
    to jpaul

you expect me to take into account all 6 billion plus people and their lives before posting something....please don&#39;t mind me saying this but you strike me as a person for whom the meaning lies in words only, a critique of words rahter than their meaning . you with your thousand words, it seems couldn&#39;t understand the jist...something that hobbes summed up in two words....when i m driving to my point, many things have to be generalized. my own mother works as a bank teller. she was on her way to becoming a very good actresses when she got married to the wrong guy while in acting school, had me thinking that would change him and later divorced him for my safety, then became a bank teller to support me....my remark was towards those who go around thinking life is beautiful and we are all blessed and all that horseshit, who delude themselves from the reality of life and then are shocked when it hits them in the face.
    So, in short, you should have known better than to insult hard working people.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #379
    Poster
    Is that succinct enough for you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #380
    Originally posted by JPaul@20 September 2003 - 22:39
    Particularly as you appear to be basing your life&#39;s philosophy on a good (if ultimately shallow) movie.
    the quote from FC was used to further the view and not as a basis for the view...just a clarification

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast