Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: France's Heat Toll Soars

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Leonidas has summed up the exact causes of tht tragedy... However a little precision is necessary: since the topic was started we had an "official body count", the number of victims now is 14,802!!!

That government won't last long I think, 1789 bis here we come!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    France now is just following the american and english way

The American way and British way are totally different from each other...

The UK, like France, has a National Health Service and Private medical facilities are the minority.

I think most medical care in the USA is funded by Insurance.....maybe a US citizen could clarify?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@30 September 2003 - 00:42

The UK, like France, has a National Health Service and Private medical facilities are the minority.

I think most medical care in the USA is funded by Insurance.....maybe a US citizen could clarify?
    Oh yes, and it is quite a bite every month, even for those who are young and healthy.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I don't know about the state of the english and american health system, cause I never had to go in a hospital ther, but what Leonidas meant, I guess, was that you've now got to spend a lot ( to be treated in a private clinic and/or pay the prescriptions) or wait a very long time (even in the emergency rooms!! ) to gain access to a decent treatment despite the original National Health Service

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Yes that's what I meant. I think in england you'll not get the same care wether you're in a private clinic paid by your own insurance, and in an public hospital. At least that's what I've heard and see on tv news and investigation french tv shows. Also , a english freind of my parents had to wait like 8 month for an important surgery.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    *yawn* suckas can't take a little heat, just another day in the states.........
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by hobbes+29 September 2003 - 18:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 29 September 2003 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@30 September 2003 - 00:42

Oh yes, and it is quite a bite every month, even for those who are young and healthy. [/b][/quote]
    I am alive because of the availability of cutting-edge medical care.

I am &#036;40,000 in debt because of the availablity of cutting-edge medical care.

I am glad to be alive in order to pay my debt.

That I am American into the bargain probably renders me irretrievably stupid in the eyes of some here, but there it is.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    BANNED
    j2k4
    That I am American into the bargain probably renders me irretrievably stupid in the eyes of some here, but there it is.
    I wouldn&#39;t say irretrievably stupid, there&#39;s always hope.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    english freind of my parents had to wait like 8 month for an important surgery.
    Depends on what you call "Important" surgery.

Im quite happy waiting a couple of months for a Hernia operation (as an example) so that someone that needs a heart bypass or kidney transplant goes 1st....its as it should be.

Its very rare for lifesaving operations to have a waiting list, unless its something outside the hospitals power...eg Lack of Doners, Conversly, non-life threatening operations do have a larger waiting list than anyone would like...

I have a great respect for the people that work for the NHS in the UK, the lack of investment that France is feeling now, started in 1979 in the UK....thats a lot of underinvestment to make up....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@1 October 2003 - 18:43
    english freind of my parents had to wait like 8 month for an important surgery.
    Depends on what you call "Important" surgery.

Im quite happy waiting a couple of months for a Hernia operation (as an example) so that someone that needs a heart bypass or kidney transplant goes 1st....its as it should be.

Its very rare for lifesaving operations to have a waiting list, unless its something outside the hospitals power...eg Lack of Doners, Conversly, non-life threatening operations do have a larger waiting list than anyone would like...

I have a great respect for the people that work for the NHS in the UK, the lack of investment that France is feeling now, started in 1979 in the UK....thats a lot of underinvestment to make up....
    Thanks to your dear margaret, I learnt that at my history-lessons in hight-school, and she did also kick down the workers syndicates and other things. Old Biach&#33;&#33;
    Actually, I&#39;ve ask my mother, and it wasn&#39;t a surgery. The guy was indeed in the terminal phase of a cancer, and was expecting for a room to finish his life peacefully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123