Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: If you're a member of X number of trackers you're definitely a collector...

predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    if you have 15-20 trackers and your active on all of them that still doesn`t make you a collector
    thats make you an active collector lol
    Vectoral FTW!

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    And you're an active trader lol

-Sherman

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    And you're an active trader lol

-Sherman
    me ? lol yes you can say that ...
    Vectoral FTW!

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    The epithet "collector" really does have a negative connotation; I understand it to be a person who attempts to join various trackers (regardless of difficulty to join) in order to brag about their membership in said trackers, trade invites to boost popularity or reputation (in forums such as these), or trade accounts once they have farmed them to decent upload/download ratio.

Now, back to the OP. Being a member of x trackers doesn't make you a collector; it's what you do on these trackers, obviously. If you're on 30 trackers, and have the time and dedication to be an active member on all of them, and don't use your membership/invites/accounts to gain power or status elsewhere, then you don't deserve a negative title such as "collector".

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    to join various trackers (regardless of difficulty to join) in order to brag about their membership in said trackers

that statement is a contradiction ... why would someone brag about a site thats EASY to join .. . . ..

collectors want the best of the best sites ... tons of them... no collector is going around bragging about being a member of FunFile or sceneleech . . . .

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You forgot one little detail in this equation.

I am member at more than 20 sites, but that doesn't make me a collector. That makes me a content whore, because I download old, new, scene, non-scene, music, movies, TV etc. etc.

Many of the things I download I can only find at one or two of those sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    eden297's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    ppl that register to every open tracker are collectors.
    and also ppl that has more than 5 0-day (general) sites (im not talking about sites with rare torrents like zamuda and demonoid im talking about ppl that has its+scl+czone+ iplay ect).
    u can use 15 trackers and still not be a collector if every site has differnt use like: tvt for tv ,tl for 0-day ,aom for magic, zamunda for rare things, kg for movies, waffles for music and more..
    and ppl that tryig to get rare shit sites ( and say - its for the good community) are collectors too.
    Last edited by eden297; 07-18-2008 at 02:31 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    LuckIEE's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    20 seems fair there are a lot of good trackers out there
    Iy Looov eet

The Best Things In Life Should Be Free.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    to join various trackers (regardless of difficulty to join) in order to brag about their membership in said trackers

that statement is a contradiction ... why would someone brag about a site thats EASY to join .. . . ..

collectors want the best of the best sites ... tons of them... no collector is going around bragging about being a member of FunFile or sceneleech . . . .
    I didn't make that statement very clear, I suppose. I meant that they brag about the number of trackers they're members of, not each specific tracker, although some people do brag about easy trackers to get into (TorrentLeech).

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    some collect cars , some collect old stamps , some collect mouse pads , cd , etc why not trackers ?
    How many mouse pads do you have to have to be a collector?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast