Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: have your invitees disabled?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think the main problem is with Invites, well 2 problems and probably a lot more than that actually lol

They are a commodity, sell them, trade them, even just give them away to anyone to get more rep on sites like FST.

Their are consequences for your invites, but there are no bonuses if your invite does well, so usually you invite and just let your inviter get on with it, if they screw up a little, its not really your problem, and helping them, why the hell should you waste your time. So the Invitee comes into a new community, and most of the time, they feel stranded and in to deep for thier own good.

We have something planned on BCG that will hopefully change all that. Some of it has already been coded, other bits still need doing, but it should be on the site within the next week, if everything goes to plan.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I can't wait to see what you guys have planned, then. The SP system alone makes BCG up in my top 3 favorite trackers easily, so I don't doubt this is going to be something good.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Nice one stoi
    Would like to say I look forward to seeing but will read reviews here on it
    At Gti we would only really get upset if some one invited a cheater/scammer or trader
    We when we started got a lot of members who had never been on a private tracker in there life and had to explain the advatadges etc to get them to seed etc etc.
    This has helped us a lot coz a lot of those members are now really loyal to GTi even tho are now more experienced in the private tracker world and more than likely have accounts on several private trackers.
    Some of our staff (chosen for mma knowledge) had very little knowledge on torrents b4 joining GTi. So we look at in a way that we spent time with these members not banning them but explaining the advantages and this has not only really helped Gti but the other private trackers they have joined.
    Now if users invite members to the site who are new to private trackers we still do the same thing.
    This for us has worked very well. I personally think a lot of private trackers who are open are too quick in banning people like that and could benefit from spending time with them and build a great membership.

I am not knocking other sites for not wanting to spend the time and effort with n00bs to private trackers but with new trackers opening all the time we found it worked well
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well 49,000 of our 53,000 members at a rough estimate probabaly came from mininova lol

We have done exactly the same, some its just not for them, they like the fast downloads, but they hate to seed back. fair enough, they leave never to return, we cant force members to stay. Others are just scum, make multiple accounts, wait till we are closed and then sell them.

Not every member you get is scum, problem is, a hell of a lot are, we got 11,000 new members in 2 days last week, which was great, but 90% were not members we wanted, but a few gems did get in. so it was worth it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Cool
    I think it only way forward for new sites m8 and sounds like your percentages where about same as ours only we never planned getting that big and at present plan to grow at a slower rate than when we 1st opened. I know that we are not the only site to do it that way and personnally think it better than just posting on forums like here as members here are mostly here to work there way up the tree of trackers.
    I must admit our mma members that come thru likes of mininova where a lot better than ones just chasing the latest tv or film releases tho
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    @SgtMajor Agreed but on the other hand I see too much potential for abuse unless staff are involved at some level.
    And the killer for me:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...er-2008-263323
    Crazy. You had every right to have those accounts banned. I couldn't believe the amount of members that were saying you were wrong.

Anyways...I think this is a great idea. Everytime I invite someone I've always been a bit paranoid about their doings, and always check on their account. Everyone that I have invited I've know really well. But, you just never know when a person is going to decide to be a douche and cheat, or do a giveaway of an account or invite in a public forum, or anything else that breaks that trackers rules.

Luckily I've never had any problems with any of my invitees. The worst thing one invitee did was not use his account at bmtv after being invited and it got disabled for inactivity. I would much rather that happen then the invitee cheat or something along those lines.

So being able to talk to staff members about having your invitees disabled is definitely a good thing.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    none of my invitees dissapointed me so far

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I had one guy that did, one day he reported uploading 2.2TB. I'm pretty sure his ISP was to blame, but yes, I had to have him disabled.

What I'm not for is disabling your invites because they didn't pay you "rent" - and that's exactly what would happen if they could disable the people they invited. Either that, or an account with a significant invite tree gets compromised(it happens folks), then he could go through and disable hundreds of folks just for shits.

If you've got a valid reason, I'm sure the mods will do it. But don't give that power to the account holder.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Would be nice to have an option to disable an invitee. Some of your best trusted friends don't act the same in the cyberworld as they do in the real world. Make any sense? Try to know your invitee though. I'm pretty sure down the line everyone has made a bad mistake and put faith into a invitee who just didn't fair well on that particular site.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234