Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Defense of Hurricanes

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Not ordinarily, but...

Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    I've always thought they were big enough to look after themselves.
    ...this is in question, so they've hired a lobbyist, you see.

Me.
    Would they not be better with storm doors rather than a lobby.(look it up)
    That would be a beter way of dealing with a hurricane.(The last sentence was just to keep on topic)
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    It happens we in the U.S. (south-Texas, gulf coast, specifically) are currently entertaining a hurricane, goes by the name of, uh, let me look...Dolly (apparently a storm with a heavy breast).

As I mull and ponder Dolly's portent , it occurs to me how one quickly develops an affinity for a nice little sustained gulf breeze...it occurs to me as well that recently expressed (U.S.) sentiment toward expanded off-shore drilling (oil specie) is malicious, vile, and an absolute affront to nature.

I hereby call upon congress to eschew the fight against steroids in baseball and turn their laser-light of logic and reason instead to forestalling any effort to extract oil from gulf waters.

We simply cannot presume to risk fouling a perfectly decent and unassuming ocean storm with the tools of our greed and ignorance!!

WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THIS - HURRICANES ARE HUMAN, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I assume this is a dig at AGW or summat, but tbh I (and i assume others) have no idea what you're talking about.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Not ordinarily, but...

...this is in question, so they've hired a lobbyist, you see.

Me.
    That would be a beter way of dealing with a hurricane.(The last sentence was just to keep on topic)
    Not at all, and, to answer your original question, not at all (at all).

Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    It happens we in the U.S. (south-Texas, gulf coast, specifically) are currently entertaining a hurricane, goes by the name of, uh, let me look...Dolly (apparently a storm with a heavy breast).

As I mull and ponder Dolly's portent , it occurs to me how one quickly develops an affinity for a nice little sustained gulf breeze...it occurs to me as well that recently expressed (U.S.) sentiment toward expanded off-shore drilling (oil specie) is malicious, vile, and an absolute affront to nature.

I hereby call upon congress to eschew the fight against steroids in baseball and turn their laser-light of logic and reason instead to forestalling any effort to extract oil from gulf waters.

We simply cannot presume to risk fouling a perfectly decent and unassuming ocean storm with the tools of our greed and ignorance!!

I assume this is a dig at AGW or summat, but tbh I (and i assume others) have no idea what you're talking about.
    Hmmm.

Bob gets it, and Bob is purported to be feeble (I do not share that opinion).
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

Hmmm.

Keeping on subject. This is how to start a storm.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    That's very p funny

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Hmmm.

Yeah; that Ian's a real bastard, isn't he.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12