Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Why New Trackers Are Worthless And More Importantly Dangerous

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I honestly can't see, when having a normal 'real' life you have time to be active on more than let's say 5 trackers ... and still people want to join more 'new' l33t
    You made some really good points in your posts(as did 1080p), but this point here is the one that most need to get through their head. 4 or 5 trackers max is really all you need to get everything that you'll ever want content wise.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I first of all hope that mods allow me to say it i mean i gotta say it, Seconly, I think some of you luv to judge people without even a trial. He said, i had 50 hacked accounts bla bla, This doesnt mean he hacked it himself, But i seriously doubt why someone would give him such a data...He might not be the ideal type like me but at least he deserves to be listened, and you guyz stop coming at a guy together, I mean defending yourself against most of you kinda makes it impossible. He obviously cannot take all of you, So As RaichelFaith said, Lets make this a discussion not a debate pls. BTW THIS IS NOT THE DAMN PLACE! Anywy LAstly, I guess, this place as lively as it can ever be without my participation

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I honestly can't see, when having a normal 'real' life you have time to be active on more than let's say 5 trackers ... and still people want to join more 'new' l33t
    You made some really good points in your posts(as did 1080p), but this point here is the one that most need to get through their head. 4 or 5 trackers max is really all you need to get everything that you'll ever want content wise.
    ya...thats why recently i decided to leave all the sites i didn't visit on a daily basis...basically how i decided which trackers to keep
    i be lurking

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by x0r View Post
    I must agree with some of the other posters here when i say that 1080p does not seem to know anything about security, coding or even trackers. His post is not well written and to me resembles a spoiled kid stomping his feet.
    your absolutley right, i am spoiled

Any constructive criticism would be nice, your post is the equivalence of "Can I have it" in Giveaway in the Invite section. Anyway, lmk what you deem wrong in my post and ill give it a shot on explaining myself

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Well, aside from assuming some things under the blanket statement of the threads title, and not having the basic info about all the trackers that fall under that blanket, not much.

It is awfully bold to say that all new trackers are unsafe, a waste of time, and just all around bad. It is an undeniable fact that ALL trackers, good or bad, were new at some point, so I can't really agree with you 100% I will grant that you make good points in your original post as far as being aware of what you are signing up for when you do so, and would advise anyone to do a little research before the automatic "plzkthxbai" requests for an invite to (insert random tracker name here), but that's just being smart.

Now, about security, I would hazard a mildly educated guess that ANY website that is connected to the internet is hackable to some degree, and after that, it's a matter, at each site, of what measures are in place to slow that process down, or stop the average script kiddie in their tracks.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    lol, nice to call a helpful member a retard and dumb..
    new trackers dont need to be full of security holes btw.. just join trackers where you have reputable coders and nothing bad should happen

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    ALL trackers were at one time NEW. Making a very general and sweeping statement like you did make your either wise good post almost worthless.

sokrates:
    new trackers dont need to be full of security holes btw.. just join trackers where you have reputable coders and nothing bad should happen
    This is a more accurate statement.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    yea i dont agree with everything he said...i only agree with the part where people keep making too many damn trackers!
    i be lurking

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    ALL trackers were at one time NEW. Making a very general and sweeping statement like you did make your either wise good post almost worthless.

sokrates:
    When was the last time you joined a tracker that had no specualtion or rumors about it. Just joined to join. And if you did, your an idiot.All the showcase trackers today all started around the same time, and they all survived. Now you tell me, would you join a tracker like TehConnection that is headed by some of the same guys who head ScT, or join PTN, who for the most part are new to the staffing scene. Just purely off rep, you know what you are getting with TC because the names are fimiliar. You feel secure and the tracker for the most part is in good hands. With PTN, you have already had downtime for 1 week and a half, the server is hosted with Windows. No legitimate respectful torrenter joins trackers they know nothing about, espicially when the staffers are new names. Fimiliarity is the key in joining a tracker, if you know some memebers that you are friends with then you'll join. If you know that the tracker is headed by good people, then you'll join. You won't join a tracker that is headed by a guy named "Trancer" has been a member for 2 weeks, and has 5 posts, and wants comments made about the design. Who joins trackers for designs....seriously

Get the picture?

Fimilarity is the game now, thats why trackers recruit each others memberbases (which is wrong)

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post

sokrates:

When was the last time you joined a tracker that had no specualtion or rumors about it. Just joined to join. And if you did, your an idiot.All the showcase trackers today all started around the same time, and they all survived. Now you tell me, would you join a tracker like TehConnection that is headed by some of the same guys who head ScT, or join PTN, who for the most part are new to the staffing scene. Just purely off rep, you know what you are getting with TC because the names are fimiliar. You feel secure and the tracker for the most part is in good hands. With PTN, you have already had downtime for 1 week and a half, the server is hosted with Windows. No legitimate respectful torrenter joins trackers they know nothing about, espicially when the staffers are new names. Fimiliarity is the key in joining a tracker, if you know some memebers that you are friends with then you'll join. If you know that the tracker is headed by good people, then you'll join. You won't join a tracker that is headed by a guy named "Trancer" has been a member for 2 weeks, and has 5 posts, and wants comments made about the design. Who joins trackers for designs....seriously

Get the picture?

Fimilarity is the game now, thats why trackers recruit each others memberbases (which is wrong)
    Why did it take you so long before you said the above.
    sokrates said that in just one sentence in a post above me. which make me think you are just covering your back.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast