Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bsod with no stop error

kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Well to address your initial post I don't think a HDD jumper could cause it unless you changed it. My opinion as to why this happened.... Ghosts man, ghosts. I am having my share of them ATM. Did you do a clean install to see if things are working properly now?
    i ran memtest and it found 2048 errors...the psu died shortly after

i guess that goes to explain some of what went wrong but its strange because it was all working fine last time i used that pc.

*shrug*

i will switch out the psu and try and isolate the bad ram....will do a reinstall then and see if the problem is fixed. it's not like i ever use that pc anymore but still frustrating when something like this happens and there is no solution to it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    If your psu was dying, it was probably throwing unrectified voltage down the power buses. That could cause all sorts of problems and possible failures. I suggest you run the memory tests again after you've sorted out the psu, there may be nothing wrong with the memory.

Even if further testing still says there's a fault, it's possible that the fault lies elsewhere (motherboard or cpu) which is showing up as a memory problem. Check the same memory in another system before declaring it faulty.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    If your psu was dying, it was probably throwing unrectified voltage down the power buses. That could cause all sorts of problems and possible failures. I suggest you run the memory tests again after you've sorted out the psu, there may be nothing wrong with the memory.

Even if further testing still says there's a fault, it's possible that the fault lies elsewhere (motherboard or cpu) which is showing up as a memory problem. Check the same memory in another system before declaring it faulty.
    unfortunately i dont have another system that takes ddr400

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

unfortunately i dont have another system that takes ddr400
    I have one here but you'd need to pay shipping and if I said it was bad you probably wouldn't believe me anyway.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12