Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Browse Page!

slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    All the sites I use regularly I check every day.

So if a new torrent gets uploaded, and I don't jump on it the first day.. that means I don't want it, at least any time soon. Its nice to go back and search for stuff, should the need arise. But I think that many people approach sites like this, not just me.. and once they see it and pass on it once, its out of sight out of mind.

slim

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    a random system new an old torrents to pop-up on the main browse page would be interesting

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Bad idea because only new torrents should be at the top inorder to get new downloaders

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    a random system new an old torrents to pop-up on the main browse page would be interesting

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    If I've got a good ratio then I will download old torrents. If I have a crappy ratio then I won't, until I have a good ratio.

Then again, stoi, at your tracker there is a ratio requirement for each torrent. So by downloading an old torrent someone is binding into a contract that they will seed it until the cows come home. Maybe they don't think their computer will live that long.
    you see this is the fucking problem. (and yes i am swearing about it because it pisses me right off)

On any other tracker out there, they will have to seed it till the cows come home, if they do not want a hit and run on that torrent.

On BCG they seed it for 3 days + say a max on a month and thats for a 25 gig 360 4 disc game, or a PS3 bluray game.

So the max you will ever have to seed any torrent is a month, and a lot more are way under that, 5-10 days usually.

but on any other tracker, you would have to seed it till the cows come home.
    Not necessary mate. You see, it's psychological.

No matter what, people are less likely to dl stuff that is buried. However...

On other trackers you've got the psychological benefit of knowing that even if you seed for one year and only get .75:1 ratio that you're probably safe to purge as long as your not the only seeder and your overall ratio rocks.

At BCG, you can seed for perhaps 3 years and never hit that 1:1 ratio. People know this and it makes them wonder if their hardware will still be viable by the time someone seeds it.

Even if you allow them to leave early, they just don't want to let anyone down. Not at BCG.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    At BCG, you can seed for perhaps 3 years and never hit that 1:1 ratio.
    Whoever thinks this, with the SP system in place, has terrible English skills.

stoi you might need to hire some translators for the SP guide if that's the case.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah i know i dont understand at all.

you seed a 4 gig torrent for 72 hours + 40 hours you have a 1 ratio on it. thats with no leechers at all btw.

and on BCG under 0.8 is still a hit and run so even if your .75 argument was valid, its not on BCG either.

I think you want to re-read our noobs guide to the SP FAQ just so get it, because you obviously dont.

And people wonder why i bang my head against a brick wall sometimes.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-26-2008 at 08:18 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have no trouble seeding there, even on older stuff. I dont see the big deal really.
    I think it comes down to most people aren't reading the rules, and don't know that they can have 0 leechers but still get 1/1 in a reasonable amount of time.
    I must admit, I'm one of those who didn't read, however, since I have no issues seeding, I feel its a non-issue with myself.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    *hands a padded helmet to stoi*

I'm aware that the seed points make it ok to hit and run after only a month or two. However, I'm looking at this...

Last edited by Eargasm; 08-26-2008 at 08:37 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    a month or 2, i honestly do not know where you are getting your numbers from lol

i just said a 4 gig torrent with no leechers will take you 112 hours, with leechers a lot less, and that includes how long it takes you to download it.

112 hours = 4 1/2 days of seeding.

that to me does not equate to a month or 2. lol

well your ratio on that torrent is 1.7 you dont get SP after you get to 1.0

so your point is?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    *hands a padded helmet to stoi*

I'm aware that the seed points make it ok to hit and run after only a month or two. However, I'm looking at this...

That means that you can benefit the SP system because you have more than 1.00 ratio on that torrent .. SP only works with the torrents were you have the lowest ratio...
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast